Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Watkins Glen is a keeper race on your DVR!

If you didn't see this one, then you need to take a day off from work, skip your kid's birthday party, don't visit that sick friend in the hospital or whatever you need to do to see the rebroadcast. Trust me, this was one of the best final lap duels that I have EVER seen!!!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's what you call racing! I was on the edge of my seat. Congrats to Marcos and team for a hard-earned win.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Real good job by NASCAR today, letting drivers race on a surface with oil everywhere.

Brad K. proved again he's one of the dirtiest racecar drivers today, turning Kyle and then trying to wreck Ambrose. Real classy...
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When Ambrose and Brad K were going into turn 10 on the last lap, I thought, "Here's where Brad wrecks him and ruins the whole thing."
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    When Ambrose and Brad K were going into turn 10 on the last lap, I thought, "Here's where Brad wrecks him and ruins the whole thing."
    That's what I was thinking, but luckily, no.
    A bad day at the race track beats a good day at the office. :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Marcos for the win. The winner is not the problem. It's how NASCAR showed thier inconsistency and lack of proper discretion at throwing cautions.

They love to throw them for debris, which many times is the "phantom" debris that we never see. A piece of tape, a water bottle, etc and they throw a caution but when you have oil on the track( And every driver said it was there so they cant deny it was there) which is a deliberate hazard and dont throw the caution, this just plain doesnt make sense. I will never understand it.

And you know me, I hate a lot of NASCAR cautions and Ive spoke about it before many times but this time, they should of thrown a caution but didnt.

This race was on its final lap and it should of been called yellow and Kyle or Brad should of won. Hey, I would not of complained at all about that outcome. That would of been the right and fair way to end the race.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Congrats to Marcos for the win. The winner is not the problem. It's how NASCAR showed thier inconsistency and lack of proper discretion at throwing cautions.

They love to throw them for debris, which many times is the "phantom" debris that we never see. A piece of tape, a water bottle, etc and they throw a caution but when you have oil on the track( And every driver said it was there so they cant deny it was there) which is a deliberate hazard and dont throw the caution, this just plain doesnt make sense. I will never understand it.

And you know me, I hate a lot of NASCAR cautions and Ive spoke about it before many times but this time, they should of thrown a caution but didnt.

This race was on its final lap and it should of been called yellow and Kyle or Brad should of won. Hey, I would not of complained at all about that outcome. That would of been the right and fair way to end the race.
    I thought they made the right call. Full course cautions on a road course are, for the most part, a total joke.

The last two laps were great stuff. Sounded like someone forgot to tell the commentators.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Congrats to Marcos Ambrose.

That was awesome racing those last 16 laps, let the last couple!

Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I thought they made the right call. Full course cautions on a road course are, for the most part, a total joke.

The last two laps were great stuff. Sounded like someone forgot to tell the commentators.
    Agree, not to mention I dislike GWC for the sake of GWC finish.

However oil was all over the race track not one part as it came out of Bobby Labonte's car and none of the corner workers made the observation and nor was the red & yellow flag displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Real good job by NASCAR today, letting drivers race on a surface with oil everywhere.

Brad K. proved again he's one of the dirtiest racecar drivers today, turning Kyle and then trying to wreck Ambrose. Real classy...
    So what you're saying is Shrub deserves sympathy?

On the whole I was impressed by Brad.

For the most part it was clean racing. There was some beating and banging but mostly Brad & Marcos gave each other room.

But this is for the win. Brad is locked in the Chase and still would not yield.

It's a close call but for me its a racing incident. One would argue Kyle was at fault for coming down on Brad and should have gave room.

At times he reminds me of Dale Earnhardt. Brad is less of a punk who wants to make a name for himself coming in Cup level racing as Dale did too. He wants to let the driving do the talking.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NASCAR not throwing the caution cost teams some damage to cars that wouldnt of happened if they had thrown it. It cost drivers points in standings, and someone could of got hurt. All this because they dont want a race to end under yellow. Yeah I dont like to see a race end under yellow either but sometimes you have to do it and this time they should have and didnt.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    If the choice is between having a fight for the win like that or locking in points positions for a number of drivers that aren't even in the top five let alone have a chance at victory, I'm happy for the choice that was made.