Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    personally I don't want more tarmac rallies, there are more then enough tarmac rounds already.
    IMO leave the tarmac to the circuit racing boys & girls. A proper rally is held on gravel roads or snow/ice roads.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    No, you're not right.
    Loosing an event like NZ is a loss to the calendar. FIA didn't drop us, we dropped ourselves in favour of trying to attract sponsors by trying to get a 3-year on, 3-year off deal with the FIA. I highly doubt that it will ever return now that we relinquished our spot.

All the drivers have said for years how good the event is, how superb the conditions of the roads are, and how they all look forward to this round as much as Finland. Never heard anyone say that about most of the other rounds. We shall see. For Kiwi's we now need to get our a$$es over to Finland to see it live.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Loosing an event like NZ is a loss to the calendar. FIA didn't drop us, we dropped ourselves in favour of trying to attract sponsors by trying to get a 3-year on, 3-year off deal with the FIA. I highly doubt that it will ever return now that we relinquished our spot.

All the drivers have said for years how good the event is, how superb the conditions of the roads are, and how they all look forward to this round as much as Finland. Never heard anyone say that about most of the other rounds. We shall see. For Kiwi's we now need to get our a$$es over to Finland to see it live.
    Well said

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    personally I don't want more tarmac rallies, there are more then enough tarmac rounds already.
    IMO leave the tarmac to the circuit racing boys & girls. A proper rally is held on gravel roads or snow/ice roads.
    The sport started on Tarmac. If you want to find the best all round driver - then you must have an even split of surfaces.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    A certain Middle Eastern nation looks to be in the 2014 Calendar
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    A certain Middle Eastern nation looks to be in the 2014 Calendar
    Had to be or there'd be a lot less cars in the WRC class!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    The sport started on Tarmac. If you want to find the best all round driver - then you must have an even split of surfaces.
    My only beef is that the 3 late summer / autumn tarmac rallies aren't the best tarmac events. Oh for the Manx to be the UK's round!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    Complete bull****. A tarmac rally can be at least as difficult and challenging as a gravel/snow event. Especially mentally it is much more demanding in my opinion.

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Complete bull****. A tarmac rally can be at least as difficult and challenging as a gravel/snow event. Especially mentally it is much more demanding in my opinion.
    Are you rally driver or something?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun
    Are you rally driver or something?
    you do not have to be one to use common sense, and the way the sport is... a "rally driver" is equal to someone with money and a liking for rallying.

usually those who like gravel rallies to tarmac are either no good "hairpin" fans who like drifts and other funny stuff instead of rallying so they are better off to some drift competition...