Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Bahahahahahaha
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    lol, NxOxT initial post didn't trick me

I would agree with Doon that 1998 calendar look fantastic. Not a single event was boring or similar to another. The only thing is to have Catalunya rally as today mixed event and also Sanremo rally return to the 80 mixed event format. Those gravel roads were fantastic.

Liked 24 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan

I would agree with Doon that 1998 calendar look fantastic. Not a single event was boring or similar to another. The only thing is to have Catalunya rally as today mixed event and also Sanremo rally return to the 80 mixed event format. Those gravel roads were fantastic.
    Mixed San Remo was amazing...unfortunately, i think that it never come back Tuscany gravel roads are some of the best in the world, but nowadays it's so difficult find permits to close these roads... But i'm agree, 1998, and also 1999 calendars were defenetly amazing! SanRemo, Corsica and Catalunya were real asphalt rally, personally i really don't like Alsace, neighter Germany...

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    I feel if the WRC becomes to European it would be like having 2 ERC's. I am also not sure if the FIA would allow the WRC to be purely based in Europe. I was given to the understanding that the FIA was obliged to promote motorsport world wide.
    The WRC is European. It couldn't become more European. The teams are based in Europe, the drivers are European, the best rallies are in Europe, they all eat pasta. The FIA is "obliged" to make the thing work. It ain't working at the moment. Get the costs under control and it's got a chance.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan

My thoughts exactly. +1
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    i still would do 16 events, but it will take long time until they do that again...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxOxT
    my knowledge is limited so i do not know what we could add... maybe safari and an event in some distant place like Cuba and bikini islands or hawai which is in the USA ? so that would draw huge audiences from the Nascar people...or maybe untested markets like south and north korea.... what do you think ? 20 events !!!! go on please enlighten us...

Hawai every second year and Alaska every second year. Couple events on neutral ground, north and south pole.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I thought the whole idea of having a WORLD Rally Championship is that they travel around the world. Not just Europe. Obviously if you throw enough cash at the FIA, and have utterly s**t roads you will get a rally. It is a shame we are loosing good rallies to average at best ones. Poland's inclusion however I do welcome. That turned out to be a superb event when it was run last.

I just hope NZ doesn't loose out as it is single handedly the biggest, high profile sporting event to visit our shores, and it is nice to have something other than rugby showing up here.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    I just hope NZ doesn't loose out as it is single handedly the biggest, high profile sporting event to visit our shores, and it is nice to have something other than rugby showing up here.
    Rugby being obviously big over there but I share your opinion. I’ve always liked NZ with it flowing fast roads.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    Rugby being obviously big over there but I share your opinion. I’ve always liked NZ with it flowing fast roads.
    It is generally always regarded as having some of the best stages in the world by most drivers. Often the really great drivers excel here. McRae, Sainz, Gronholm, Burns and Loeb to name a few.