Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Anyone know anything about paddock access at the Austin USGP?

Howdy all! Been a while since I've posted. Regarding my topic, I have searched the interwebs and this forum to no avail, and contacting COTA is met with a "not right now, but we will let you know" canned response. Haven't attended a real race since GP of Houston in 2001 since I don't have money to travel too far or have otherwise been occupied during race weekends, and I plan to attend the USGP in Austin to cheer on Massa and Webber, but I would like to get a pit/paddock pass like I used to when I attended Champ Car races oh so long ago. Does anyone know if something like that is possible at the Austin USGP?

Thanks in advance!
    If it looks a bit like an F1 car but sounds like a foghorn at speed and pretty much only races in the USA, that's a crapwagon.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXAR RE
    I would like to get a pit/paddock pass like I used to when I attended Champ Car races oh so long ago. Does anyone know if something like that is possible at the Austin USGP?
    I don't have an answer to your question but my immediate response is access will be nothing like it was for ChampCar. Unless you have paid enormous sums of money to be a part of the F1 Paddock Club, probably by being a corporate sponsor or being an A list celebrity, then the closest you'll get to the pits/paddock is looking through a security fence.

F1 is not fan friendly in those respects. It does not welcome everyday fans into the inner circle. Sadly.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Billy Bob and I have access to the pit lane, and paddock @ 10 am on the first day of practice that I arranged through higher ups at CotA. Their probably more of these practice access packages available. PM me if you want contact info.
    May the forza be with you