Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Well, the way I see it there is the constructors and drivers trophies. The team should keep the constructors and the driver the teams. It's a team effort and that's why the constructors trophy is there but the driver is the key and they put their lives and everything on the line for both themselves and the team. They deserve to keep the drivers trophy at the end of the day. That's what it is there for.
    Would the drivers then have two different statements during the press conference? One could be where they thank the guys/boys/team and the other where they could just be all selfish and say "Yeah boiiiii, i got my trohpy. I drove a great race and kicked some arse today, slicing and dicing my way to the front, like i knew i could. The tires were going off, but i man handled them and it was like driving on ice, but i did it anyway"!
    Yeah, that would be a great day.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Only McLaren would come up with a policy like that. Or perhaps I should say only Ron Dennis would come up with a policy like that. Never has there been a more anally retentive figure in the history of sport.
    sigh...agreed
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    I would love to see McLaren not budge and neither Lewis. That would leave Lewis without a drive. Then where would he go?
    your obvious distaste for Hamilton is rather tiresome.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I would love to see McLaren not budge and neither Lewis. That would leave Lewis without a drive. Then where would he go?
    Probably Massa's seat in Ferrari most likely. I'm sure they would jump at the chance and Domenicalli didn't rule out talks with Hamilton either and both Hamilton and Alonso have said they wouldn't mind working with each other again.

Would the drivers then have two different statements during the press conference? One could be where they thank the guys/boys/team and the other where they could just be all selfish and say "Yeah boiiiii, i got my trohpy. I drove a great race and kicked some arse today, slicing and dicing my way to the front, like i knew i could. The tires were going off, but i man handled them and it was like driving on ice, but i did it anyway"!
    Yeah, that would be a great day.
    Reductio ad absurdum

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    your obvious distaste for Hamilton is rather tiresome.
    Sorry, i can just see his small brain causing him a loss of a seat at Macca. Don't take it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I hope he sticks it out and wins a few more championships with McLaren
    I would love to see a Ferrari and a McLaren fairly evenly matched in performance and Lewis and Alonso have a go.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    The team pays this man a ghastly amount of money to drive for them .
    If this man wishes to keep getting the paycheque , he should sign , trophy or no trophy .

Obviously , this is a sticking point for many , and so it has become the norm for the team to go so far as to have replicas made , to satisfy the hunger for these dustable items .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Probably Massa's seat in Ferrari most likely. I'm sure they would jump at the chance and Domenicalli didn't rule out talks with Hamilton either and both Hamilton and Alonso have said they wouldn't mind working with each other again.

Please don't even joke. Lewis in a Ferrari would break my heart.

I pray Lewis stays with McLaren all his career but if he decides to move, I would prefer it's to HRT than Ferrari. Uhhhh!!!! Makes my skin crawl.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Why only ask for his future trophies ?
    Why not ask the team for all his previous winning trophies ?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Haha.. I didn't know about the trophies.. I always wondered what happens with the trophies that drivers received.

I can imagine the frustration of Hamilton. Imagine how athletes would feel if their gym demanded the Olympic medals (I am almost sure this happens in some parts of the world)