Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It isnt just the driver that won the race, its the team that produce the equiptment capable of winning the race....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Yes they do....but the team also gets a trophy for being the winning constructor. At the moment McLaren is keeping 2 trophies per race win.

TBH I think Hamilton is more than within his rights to say "i'll have the original, you have the copy in your trophy cabinet".
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I can't see McLaren changing their traditions now.
    Perhaps not while Ron Dennis is around.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Only McLaren would come up with a policy like that. Or perhaps I should say only Ron Dennis would come up with a policy like that. Never has there been a more anally retentive figure in the history of sport.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Never has there been a more anally retentive figure in the history of sport.
    Very successful though
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Jean Todt gave him a run for his money but Dennis wins it.
    Todt wasn't even close. Todt would stop at nothing to win, sure enough, but I never got the impression that he cared whether his drivers grew a beard or got tattoos. Dennis on the other hand would have blown a valve if his drivers tried it on. Just ask Kimi and DC.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Very successful though
    True enough. There's no denying the man knew how to run an F1 team and I respective him for it but you gotta admit, he was a bit of a w_nker.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Calling Ron anally retentive is not exactly an insult; more of a compliment.

This man has been a figurehead, an inspiration and a mantra for McLaren since he joined the team in 1980. His singleminded detirmination, workaholic approach and desire for perfection is legendary and has helped galvanise McLaren to be the globally envied outfit it is today.

Walking around the MTC you can see that strive for perfection in every facet whether it's in the presentation of the historic and current cars, the trophy lined corridors, the assembly of the new road cars or the preperation of the F1 cars. McLaren is a large corporation but more than just about any other organisation, is associated, identified with and inspired by one man.

Yep, if that anal, then I think that's a compliment.

As for the trophy issue, then that's something between McLaren and Lewis but personally, I love the fact that the real ones are held at Woking. I was lucky enough to get my mits on the 88 Hungrian GP drivers and constructors trophy a few years back and just holding and moving them scared me sh&tless because I know this was the real thing. However, I can also see Lewis's point of view. He won the drivers trophy and it's therefore his.

This wont be a big sticking point no matter how people want to blow it up. Lewis will re-sign with McLaren. He was never going anywhere else and long may it continue.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    For me the situation is very funny, two big kids (Ron and Lewis) want to keep their toys at all cost. It will be funny if their successful partnership ends because of that silly argument.
    Formula 1

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Well, the way I see it there is the constructors and drivers trophies. The team should keep the constructors and the driver the teams. It's a team effort and that's why the constructors trophy is there but the driver is the key and they put their lives and everything on the line for both themselves and the team. They deserve to keep the drivers trophy at the end of the day. That's what it is there for.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    I would love to see McLaren not budge and neither Lewis. That would leave Lewis without a drive. Then where would he go?
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent