Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    The Lotus has a problem with it's KERS in general and cn only hrvest about 2/3 of the energy of some of the others which IMHO makes the Lotus the best car out there in my opinion. If they ever get that KERS 100% then it's going to be a vey difficult car to beat. All that bleating and moaning by Renault has worked in their favour it seems
    Is there any source for this or what?
    Everyone is saying "Kimi and his KERS" - the only thing I heard was the team radio in the beginning and then Kimi saying the same at the interview, because of the two formation laps.

Now I hear "most/all of the race" and "only two thirds" - I really would appreciate a source. Thank you.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Is there any source for this or what?
    Everyone is saying "Kimi and his KERS" - the only thing I heard was the team radio in the beginning and then Kimi saying the same at the interview, because of the two formation laps.
    There was also a radio message towards the end of the race, something along the lines of Kimi being told to turn down his KERS while he was chasing Hamilton so that he'd be able to use it fully when he caught up. I think the implication was they couldn't use it at full capacity the whole time, presumably because of overheating. Don't know if that's a standard thing with the Renault KERS or was a specific issue on Kimi's car in Hungary.