Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts

Red Bull - Biggest cheats in F1

As you can see, no question mark there.

First we have the scandal with engine mapping at Germany.
    Then we have Bieber trying to cheat Button out of a deserved 2nd place by an illegal overtaking move. When punished, helmet marko (the biggest cheat and jerk in f1) could only say that it is like death penalty for stealing a chicken. At least he admits they tried to cheat.
    And finally we have this FIA drückt Auge zu: Red Bull kommt drei Mal davon - AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT

Red Bull changed the ride height of their car manually at Canada between qualy and race, an offence for which they should have been DQ for.

Those are just the events from last week, in how many scandals have those cheats been in the last few years?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    After reading that article (and i speak German), it appears to me that RB have some legitimate complaints, yet they seem to balance out with the lenient way the FIA has approached certain violations ("If the FIA really had it out for RB, then they could have waited and disqualified RB after the Canadian GP for the front axle aero device")
    I don't particularly think that RB are the only ones that exploit the regs. They are just very innovative and it shows with their recent titles....
    I think "cheats" is a bit harsh.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    They've been caught exploiting the rules. Other teams have not been caught.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    I don't particularly think that RB are the only ones that exploit the regs. They are just very innovative and it shows with their recent titles....
    I think "cheats" is a bit harsh.
    100% agree, as an F1 car designer/engineer its part of Neweys job to find loopholes in the regulations that will offer performance advantages, he just seems to be better at it than the rest. If it was clear unarguable case of cheating directly against the regulations I think Garry might have a point but the fact that the FIA have had to amend the regulations says it all and just proves how innovative they are... not cheating in my book.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I find the Red Bull situation intriguing. And certainly some events this year (related to rules and regulations) have caught attention. However, the difficult matter is, how should we evaluate them? It is easy to call them cheaters, but then again... they haven't been disqualified yet! Not even once! It is not like they are blatantly cheating, but they are going just as far as the loopholes possibly allow them to go, without getting DQ'd. So they are still playing by the rules - they are pushing the limits, but even RBR has the limits! They know, what they can do and what they can't without getting DQ'd.

This tells me that Red Bull Racing has got some extremely smart lawyers and engineers, who not only know the limits of rules, but know the limits beyond the rules as well. Bottom line - looks like RBR technical staff is simply smarter than FIA. And that's why they enjoy 'fooling' the governing body. Every time FIA has to concede "oh we are very sorry, we hadn't thought about this issue properly", while RBR had. And it is not like RBR is cheating and FIA hasn't caught them. They have, but conversely haven't managed to do anything about it! Well, except a "rule clarification".

Of course it is possible that one day RBR finally gets it slightly wrong and gets DQ'd. Thus far it is up to us to decide, what should we do here - hate RBR's "cheating" or enjoy their extreme genius. They are still playing by the rules, based on how vague the rules are...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Red Bull are brilliant. Always pushing the boundaries, totally understanding the rules and seeing ways to find performance within them by finding the legal loophole. This is what F1 is all about. Pushing and seeking a different way that improves performance. Long should it last.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Make up your mind Garry! A couple of years ago you were complaining that the rules are too restrictive and allow zero innovation. Now Red Bull starts pommeling the competition for the past 2 years by their fair interpretations of the rules and you get all cranky. I'm not sure why you dislike Vettel so much, but it's his right to complain and have a reaction to the situations around him from time to time. I really like the guy because he's not some corporate zombie who nods and smiles all the time, but actually gives an opinion. As for Helmut Marko, we share the same view about that creep.

The issue in Canada was solved quietly because I think it was just a simple error by Red Bull. They adjusted a damper by hand and then the ride height was affected. I wouldn't have a problem if Red Bull were disqualified. I also don't think it was much of an advantage to Red Bull as well. They didn't dominate that weekend even though Vettel qualified in first, but didn't make a podium because of lack of pace.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    im not a fun of RBR but for sure as it has been said. they are just too smart. but this year the title might not go there way.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Renault defends pushing F1 rules to limit with Red Bull

Interestingly, McLaren-Mercedes’ Jenson Button also appeared to justify Red Bull and Renault’s squeezing of the regulations, insisting the reigning champions are doing it well in every area of the car.
    “We are so limited in terms of the regulations,” he said. “It gets more strict every year so you are always going to find people who are pushing the limits, pushing the boundaries
    so what if the other teams had the same engine maps
    Although the French marque also supplies identical V8 engines to Lotus, Williams and Caterham, Red Bull is regarded as Renault’s ‘works’ team
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Let's see what happens. They may have just done enough to really screw their chances at at least one of the championships. Maybe it is for the best. Perhaps this will finally persuade the FIA to "grow a set" and cut out all nebulous language within the framework of the rules. I realize that is probably just a pipe dream
    May the forza be with you