I like Koba-san, but I suspect this season is cementing his place in F1 as a driver, who at best can become a perennial midfielder. In 2009 and 2010 he impressed alongside veteran team-mates. But in 2012, just when it really matters in terms of future prospects, he is facing problems against a less (!) experienced team-mate.

When we compare him to Pérez, it has to be mentioned that the Mexican has suffered from lots of unluck this season as well, perhaps even more. Several qualifying sessions have hardly been representative with Pérez suffering some problems, so I don't think Koba is outperforming him in Q's.

Overall it is difficult to rate the car, which is obviously good, because we don't know, how fast these drivers really are. I would like to see some more consistency from everyone involved in the team though, including drivers. Of course it would help if they didn't suffer from some genuine unluck on several occasions, but this is such a topsy-turvy season that barely anyone manages to escape from some real setbacks...