Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It will be good if they finally get rid of TC (and LC, too). Too bad this was delayed several years by Frank and Ron.

I still don't like many of the new restrictions. They are increasing the minimum weight and decreasing the car size, so a lot more ballast to be used to improve handling. Fixed sizes everywhere, fixed engine configuration, even fixed materials. And still there is no real attack on the main cause of F1's problem, which is increased dependence on aero grip: that dependence will be bigger in 2008, so not a lot will change.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTCC2
    http://www.formula1.com/news/5857.html

This might be an advantage to Jenson Button.

Spot on, great news for JB

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6511907.stm

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    ROFLMAO!!!!

Seems like JB needs every help he can get bar getting a car that can fight for WDC!!!

Banning TC won't be hugely advantageous. The good drivers will be able to adapt to the conditions given. Schumi drove with a heavy right foot yet is the rain-meister and it was the same with Senna except he wanted TC banned in the early 90s!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Button is probably the smoothest driver currently in F1 and without Traction Control his skill will shine. Those less smooth drivers will suffer the most.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Autosport's headline did it for me - FIA abandons plans for wider cars, slicks

Now I'm not too sure about the slicks/grooves argument. They managed with treaded tyres well enough in the past, although Gilles's arguments in favour of slicks have always struck a chord with me.

No, it's the narrow cars that depressed me. The move to narrower cars in 1998 (??) stuffed things up and to continue along that road means nothing much is likely to change
    Afraid that you hit the nail squarely on the head. The goal should be to get back to cars that the driver can "take in hand" and use feel and daring to make passing moves. (See http://www.motorsportcollector.com/0...lleneuve2.jpeg or http://www.jsolana.com.mx/fotos/pilotos/clark2.jpg )

Banning traction control may not even make net progress. You still have overly narrow (i.e., unstable) cars without enough mechanical grip for a drive to have the feel to wrestle them around a corner. And the FIA needs to set real limits on aerodynamics (and not the stupid/ugly split wing idea) so that slipstreaming is an advantage again.

http://atlasf1.autosport.com/99/ita/...nostalgia4.jpg

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Button is probably the smoothest driver currently in F1 and without Traction Control his skill will shine. Those less smooth drivers will suffer the most.
    Regardless, the best drivers will always be at the top of the crop, no matter what rules and regulations are dished at them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    I bet you knew this is just a wish.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Regardless, the best drivers will always be at the top of the crop, no matter what rules and regulations are dished at them.
    Exactly!

Why is that Schumi relies heavily on TC in the dry and yet in the wet his throttle input is super smooth?

When Senna joined McLaren there were certain doubts how he could match up against Prost because due to Senna's aggressive driving style, he had the worst fuel consumption and engine reliability of all the Honda driver in the mid-1980s, and yet Senna still became multiple WDC!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not a bad idea actually with the traction control. However they should leave them with semi-automatics at this stage. Formula 1 is the pinnacle, the gear changes are unbelievable and yes making them manually change gears with a clutch would mean having to do more inside the cockpit, i dont think it would change too much. All of these drivers are good drivers, and so i think you would see the best drivers still winning it wouldnt change anything. Also, it would just increase the lap times dramatically and i DO NOT WANT to see that. F1 is the pinnacle with technology, leave it how it is. I love it how it is now, i am obsessed with formula 1 and love it, for heavens sake so many people blame the FIA for changing the rules all the time but they are hypocrites because they just call for rule changes all the times like themselves. I love formula 1 now, its exciting, leave it how it is. In soccer sometimes they dont even score yet its basically the most followed sport in the world, so if we could relate formula 1 passing with soccer goals, then what are we complaining about. They do pass, a lot. People exagerate the passing problem a lot i think. Yes they could make them pass more, but it would just mean more changes to the sport and i like f1 how it is. LEAVE IT ALONE
    Michael Schumacher - the most succesful driver in formula 1 history - ROBERT KUBICA!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    waitey , honestly, isn't F1 much more than just overtaking?

the TC ban is surely a good move, but I don't think we should start discussing wich drivers will benefit, all 22 of them have the whole winter testing to adapt it and as always the best drivers adpat best, so no changes there I think.
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p