Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Something else that I really like outside of Indian and Chinese food.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Haha, if I wasn't married I'd be treating her to the finest Fish 'n' Chip supper I could muster, washed down with lashings of ţuica of Zalău, and finished off with a nickabockaglory for desert.
    Snap
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    What kind of low life scumbag posts a picture of a delicious dish like that when I am eagerly awaiting my dinner and could eat a scabby horse right now?
    Still waiting henners? Maybe this should help.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This should be more up henners' alley:

What's worse is I'm extremely hungry myself and looking for these delicious images doesn't help! FML.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Rudy, thanks for the opportunity to say the only two words I know in hungarian: Nem tudom.

Because that's what most of the people of hungarian origin from Transylvania will say if you ask them a question in romanian.
    Nincs problem. I was just teasing you. I lived in Hungary for a year and learned a couple of words. I am also aware of certain peculiarities of Romanian-Hungarian relations.

I also assume Romanian palinka is as good as Hungarian one, although the very word "palinka" is clearly of a Slavic origin,
    Llibertat

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Ha! When the final of Europe Cup was held here a lot of spaniards payed in euro the prices that were in lei. The waiter I mentioned above was ready to charge the foreigners in euro at his own exchange rate. Not to mention that he wasn't presenting a bill ( not even to me - I was about to show him where I work and what problems could he be facing but then I thought I don't want my holiday to be ruined with a fight ). Etc., etc.
    I don't look like a typical Spanish donkey (more like an English or German one ), and I have great fun in Spain when they try and pull that sort of tricks on me. The look on their face when they suddenly hear my Madrid accent and I tell them where to go in their mother's finest tongue
    Doesn't happen so often now I've gone bawldy and have my battle-axe in tow though
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    I don't look like a typical Spanish donkey (more like an English or German one
    Don't tell me you're a dim blonde blue eyed donkey....

Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    The look on their face when they suddenly hear my Madrid accent and I tell them where to go in their mother's finest tongue
    Yeah, I suppose they were surprised to be sent in Croatia....
    Wonder if their mother was moldovan. I imagine a donkey speaking with moldovan accent.

BTW, I don't think they're that smart to detect a regional accent. And I'm not that smart ( as our mutual friend - the doctor - use to underline ) to understand some things:
    1. How do you know their nationality?
    2. How come that you swear in our sweet language? Probably learnt from your housekeeper, or from the workers who painted your house... Or maybe you own a strawberry field...
    (Don't dare to assume your missus is moldovan...)

Your trick was used by my ex boss when he was sent in control in an area where hungarians were majority. He has a romanian name ( though very transylvanian ) but his mum was hungarian ( I remember she called him at work and we couldn't understand with her ) and that was the language they spoke at home. So when he asked in romanian for documents the guys from the company started to spoke in hungarian things like " don't show him that" or " replace this by that ". In the last day my boss applied some biting fines and explained them why in their mother's tongue.

If my brother hears people talking in aromanian he use to somehow tease them to make them say something bad about him, thinking he can't understand. Then he surprises them by starting speaking aromanian ( with a northern Greece accent :laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    Why don't you two get a room?
    Quote Originally Posted by henner88
    Haha, if I wasn't married I'd be treating her to the finest Fish 'n' Chip supper I could muster, washed down with lashings of &#355]

Because it would be a fiasco as I don't eat fish except for anchovy and because his level of consciousness is too high for my standards:

Quote Originally Posted by henner88
    I'm sure it happens in every country and I would not hesitate to point it out if I over heard such a scam
    Now to be honest, I would have put myself in a moralist wolf posture. Last year when I was on holiday in Bulgaria I also accepted to pay a cab in lei knowing it's illegal and that the driver is overcharging. The guy was quite funny: 5 euro or 10 leva or 20 lei. Paying in lei was the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    I lived in Hungary for a year and learned a couple of words.
    And when you think that I suspected you have hungarian origins...
    I make mea culpa.