Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Both of Sky's females are awful. Georgie always looks like she's just going through the motions of reading pre-prepared lines, and Natalie gives the impression of being more interested in shoes than tyres. They're both a county mile ahead of simpering dimwit Beverly Turner, but could both learn a lot from Lee McKenzie or even Louise Goodman, both of whom are proper motorsport journalists first and foremost.
    Natalie did a rather good job for 5live but to on Sky she seems desperate at times to get her interviews aired.

Georgie is next to useless on raceday. Why on earth do you need a presenter for analysis? Saying that she presented A1GP but whethe she was any good I don't know.

Holly Samos was undoubtedly the best of the females.

BBC vs Sky The Story so Far

you missed out on the Virgin media package available here in the UK. I must add im on Virgin and it stinks at Ł22 to be able to watch F1 per month, over twice what it would cost on sky. I wont be subscribing as I have other sports to do on sundays so when i get home I will watch the hightlights on BBC.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I watched some of the testing coverage today. Sky handled it like a practice session: Croft commentating with guests including Paul Hembrey, Adrian Sutil, and Johnny Herbert; Ted in the pitlane. It was quite informal in tone, and interspersed with driver interviews. Obviously the coverage wasn't up to FOM standards: there were no onboards, less trackside cameras and only the most basic timing, but overall it was a useful programme. It's on for the next three days at 2pm UK time if anybody's interested (and I suspect the viewing figures will reflect that very few are!).
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watched some of the testing coverage today. Sky handled it like a practice session: Croft commentating with guests including Paul Hembrey, Adrian Sutil, and Johnny Herbert; Ted in the pitlane. It was quite informal in tone, and interspersed with driver interviews. Obviously the coverage wasn't up to FOM standards: there were no onboards, less trackside cameras and only the most basic timing, but overall it was a useful programme. It's on for the next three days at 2pm UK time if anybody's interested (and I suspect the viewing figures will reflect that very few are!).
    I watched some of it too, and listened to it whilst doing other things. The interviews were good, and relevant, as you say it was pretty much like a FP session but with extras. I agree that the viewing figures will be minimal but I doubt that will worry them too much, it is just part of Sky's in-depth coverage.

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I wanted to watch it but I had to work.

Will try and catch it on Saturday & Sunday
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just watched it and must say I enjoyed it very much.
    Finally Sky is making the extra effort that the little extra money every month deserves
    Will watch the 3D tomorrow, should be fun
    tifosigirl

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    BBC 5live F1 preview - 77mins feat. Gary Anderson, Perry McCarthy, James Allen in depth McLaren tour.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/...0228-2127a.mp3

(available for next 30 days)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my country (the Netherlands) the wil not show the races on tv anymore if iam correct.....
    so iam forced to watch it on BBC or somewhere else

Does any1 know how manny races BBC wil broadcast? OR other free to watch channels in Europe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The races are shown on pay TV in The Netherlands but if you don't want to pay then RTL Germany would be your best bet.
    It's littered with commercials so you'll miss some 20 minutes of the race but it's free

BBC only cover 9 races live this year but you can always watch the highlights if BBC 2 is available there.
    tifosigirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah in the past i swapped during commercials between , RTL 7 (Dutch TV) a Belgian channel and RTL Germany.
    But yeah now allot of channel are Pay tv nowadays.... its a shame.. Bernie asks to much money... old #$%!@.

My last option wil be downloading the full race but thats a day later, and u need to be carefull not to see the results online or tv