Page 12 of 282 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton
    Must be Bouffier then, as I read it, it was almost certain he was going to be there...
    Alltough some other French guy is a possibility to, Maurin, Roche...
    I don't think Guerra wil be there. I bet it is not his favorite rally
    So Bouffier is doing MC and Janner? Is he doing selected rounds of WRC and ERC?

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Some national championships don't allow WRC's (2.0 and 1.6) but those who does allow them have the 1.6 WRC spec also allowed. Here in Belgium we had Snijers driving the Mini WRC, in France Roche with Mini and Maurin with Fiesta and there's an ongoing list in different countries. DS3 WRC's who have driven outside of WRC were never of clients (besides shows like Monza) I remember Loeb doing a rally in Switzerland and some pre test events of Hirvonen, Neuville and Chardonnet.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007
    So Bouffier is doing MC and Janner? Is he doing selected rounds of WRC and ERC?
    Dont know. He said in an interview he was going to do Janner and probably MC. But no news on the rest of his plans yet. Probably mostly testwork with the 208 R5 and maybe some rallies with it in the second half of the year (this is just my guess )

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adler
    btw: does that mean no WRC program for Oliveira?
    When did we start caring about Oliveira?

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad cat jnr
    Didnt think WRC spec was allowed to be used outside of WRC?
    Here in Norway you can use old and new WRC cars but there is no championship for them.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    When did we start caring about Oliveira?
    1. Since I met him at a test and noticed he is a nice and open minded guy.
    2. Since I prefer WRC rallyes with 20 WR-Cars than WRC rallyes with 10 WR-Cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-FIN
    Well you are so wrong that if you that notes count only 2%? Have you driving or co-driving rallys with pacenotes? Just interested. I'd say more like 5-15% depending of the road nature. And Kimi drove similiar times with factory drivers in tests.

In easy places you can go even in blind rallys flatout, but in very tricky road combined to high speed and bumps the notes start to matter. And even if someone makes you the notes, that still doesnt matter because in the stages you dont have time to think when you here the notes. You just have to act and improvise. This is the problem in fast tecnical road, people here lots of notes but cant simplify them in their head. To understand notes really takes a lot of work and i know that Kimi didnt go out to do notes if he had freetime. Top drivers had to do the work, when they started rallying.

When stages are done twice, you will only memorise some places, its not like you memorize it completely. But top guys drive about the same time in test stages in 1-4 runs. Those who doesnt understand the notes so well get close to top guys runs in fourth run etc.

This is my view from co-driving over 50 events.
    I`m not neccesarily agreeing with Samis estimate when it comes to what percentage pacenotes count in rallying, it seems to be a bit on the low side when he estimates only 2%. But that said, it borders on the comical when you Co-FIN, rises to the task of "learning" Sami about rallying and notes. There are actually very few forumers here with more extensive rallying experience, as a driver, than Sami.

So keep on discussing the importance of pacenotes, but take care not to sound like a schoolteacher. It ends up with you being the kindergarten assistand trying to teach the professor.
    Btw. This is my view after codriving something like 250 rallies (and driving a handful) during 30 odd years... ;-)

Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    I`m not neccesarily agreeing with Samis estimate when it comes to what percentage pacenotes count in rallying, it seems to be a bit on the low side when he estimates only 2%. But that said, it borders on the comical when you Co-FIN, rises to the task of "learning" Sami about rallying and notes. There are actually very few forumers here with more extensive rallying experience, as a driver, than Sami.

So keep on discussing the importance of pacenotes, but take care not to sound like a schoolteacher. It ends up with you being the kindergarten assistand trying to teach the professor.
    Btw. This is my view after codriving something like 250 rallies (and driving a handful) during 30 odd years... ;-)
    I would say Henning, that it also very much depends on road nature. Our Czech rallies are simple for memorizing. A lot of different things around them, many different kinds of asphalt, not many corners etc. But when You drive Ypres kind of road in a high corn where there is totally no logic in the shape of turns You are lost without pacenotes. All corners and junctions look totally same and from the terrain You can't estimate where the road is going unlike in mountains for example. Also I would say pacenotes shall be more important for asphalt mountain rallies where optimal lines, tyre and brake overheating plays significant role - like for Corsica for example.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald

Thank your Iskald for the (unnecessary) backup.

I was of course a bit provocative with my 2% estimation, but if you read my post carefully, you'll find my evaluation of pacenotes' importance. There's several cases of drivers that have been extremely fast on blind rallies but being unable to carry that speed to rallies with pacenotes. Driving with pacenotes requires many different features that a driver either has or has not. But still, my point was that a slow driver can't become fast with perfect pacenotes, that is what I was trying to emphasise.

Im happy with Co-FIN teaching me about rallying, he is a respected codriver and I have got a lot to learn from him as well as from many others in this forum. That is why I like the forum so much.

Iskald described my experience in rallying as extensive. I would rather say intensive. Rallying is a hobby for me. It is serious, extremely serious, but its a hobby.

More than that, it is a passion, it makes me who I am. Rallying has for me a deep psychological meaning, the risks, the speed, the control of the uncontrollable, the ultimate challenge, the will to win, the self-examination, the emotions, all that is happening to its extreme. I would rather describe myself as a adventurer searching for experiences than a sportsman in rallying.

Somehow I could say that I regard rallying for me as a psycho-neurotic tendency, I rally not just for sport but to find refuge from the inner torment that frames my existence. It is a psychological experiment that defines me being me every time I am priviledged to drive. Every time I give it all I got. And I have given it my money and my health, and still think that it has been a bargain!

In this respect, it is perfectly suitable that Co-FIN teaches me about the sport aspect of rallying and I welcome and look forward to the discussion with him and others.

Sami