Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts

Chris Sclater Talbot Italy Sunbeams

Anyone have any information on cars, events , drivers etc, built by Chris Slater Automotive for the Talbot italy rallies team .

Talbot Sunbeam

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Chris Sclater, not Slater, I would have thought?

Changed.
    Sorry it took so long - I've been away for a few days (D-Type)

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I think very little information is available in the UK, mainly because his Lotus Sunbeam(s) never competed here. Wasn't it for one year only (1981), before he switched to running the Citroen UK Visa programme for three years?
    Prepared in a London mews garage (Brompton Mews, or another mews off Brompton Road?). Visa initially based there too before moving to near David Sutton's ex-Supersport premises in Acton.
    Now runs a guest house in Wisborough Green, Sussex with wife Sally? (daughter of Jack Kemsley, the "father" of the forest RAC rallies). Can't seem to paste link here but google his wife's name for website.

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Slightly OT - I was servicing for Rob Barry on the 1984 Welsh International. We parked up our ubiquitous tatty Transit in the service area at Pembrey and waited for our crew to arrive. Shortly after an immaculate "midi" sized van turned up to service for Mark Lovell and parked alongside us. We didn't think much of it until the service crew got out - Chris Sclater & Brian Culcheth !!