Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    I was a bit surprised by this decision as I thought Webber was heading towards Ferrari, but clearly he thinks RBR will give him the better chance of winning a WDC and looking at both his own and the team's performance this season he's probably right.

The most interesting question this raises will be what happens at Ferrari, will they keep Massa on for another season or replace him? Webber was the logical replacement until they could get hold of a definitive driver and is probably the best of the non-affiliated crew. Who else is on their list?

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    I was a bit surprised by this decision as I thought Webber was heading towards Ferrari, but clearly he thinks RBR will give him the better chance of winning a WDC and looking at both his own and the team's performance this season he's probably right.

The most interesting question this raises will be what happens at Ferrari, will they keep Massa on for another season or replace him? Webber was the logical replacement until they could get hold of a definitive driver and is probably the best of the non-affiliated crew. Who else is on their list?

perhaps ferrari are waiting to see how kubica is progressing.
    If he makes a full recovery, I think he would be an instant choice to join ferrari....big if
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    If he makes a full recovery, I think he would be an instant choice to join ferrari....big if
    Sadly I don't see Kubica making a full recovery, even now more than a year after the accident he's undergoing further surgery merely to restore function. If F1 is the elite sport we like to think it as he isn't going to return to a fit state even without his manager sabotaging his career, though he'll probably get back to rallying.

I can actually see Ferrari carrying on with Massa especially if he keeps up with his current form.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Why

Do you like trainspotting, bland food and women that have won against anorexia? Massa is a nice kid but what in the world can you hang your hat against apart from that?
    I'm not the only one with that opinion...
    I think that he is going back on form, based the recent event, and I sure hope so. As to that question-no, I like none, they don't really compare to Massa. He's not bland, and his CV from year's ago and from some recent events proves so...

In fact, even in 2011, in which he was disappointing, some events that occured throughout the year brought controversy, so even then he wasn't bland.
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout:

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    It seems many athletes perform best when it's contract renewal time. After they sign the big contract, their performance slips back down a notch. Mark has been having a great year so far, but now that he's signed on for next year - I hope he can stay consistantly motivated & error free 'til the end of the season.
    Of course, if he does slip a bit - we'll all say that "Now that he's signed up, Red bull have put a leash on him again to get Vettel ahead of him for the WDC."
    Personally, I'd like to see him take the title by just edging out Alonso. I'd like to see Hamilton there too, but that would really tank my FGP.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I think for the foreseeable future he is off the radar.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    I will be amazed and slightly frustrated if Massa continues at Ferrari for 2013. They have absolutely no chance of winning the Constructors Championship with him. Alonso is miles ahead of him in terms of pace and consistency. The Ferrari of years ago would have sacked Massa ages ago, now they being over-loyal. They should move now to get Perez in the car for 2013 - a driver who has acheived two podiums in a car worse than Massa's.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso