Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh The Pain - Goodyear and Reid

I am about to abort. Will someone please put us out of our misery an get rid of these clowns. The true demise of Indycar. How can you get exited with these morons representing the sport.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggg!
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    I am about to abort. Will someone please put us out of our misery an get rid of these clowns. The true demise of Indycar. How can you get exited with these morons representing the sport. uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggg!
    It doesn't matter because nobody ever sees them anyway on Versus, um, NBC sports, channel1256.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    You get strange reception on your TV. This one was on ABC.
    LOLOLOL I was wine tasting in the Santa Ynez valley (think of the movie Sideways) and didn't get to see it ;-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I honestly didn't believe yesterday's broadcast was all that bad ....
    At least they can pronounce the driver's names correctly. I heard plenty of excitement in their voices and they seemed really on top of it and I think they caught a great glimpse of the entire field all race long.

Only thing that bugs me about ABC is that they refuse to show any replays of incidents (Power/Newgarden). And the one they do show is from a high-above view where you can barely see what happened.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    I honestly didn't believe yesterday's broadcast was all that bad ....
    At least they can pronounce the driver's names correctly. I heard plenty of excitement in their voices and they seemed really on top of it and I think they caught a great glimpse of the entire field all race long.

Only thing that bugs me about ABC is that they refuse to show any replays of incidents (Power/Newgarden). And the one they do show is from a high-above view where you can barely see what happened.
    Agree on high above, it's useless. Indycar tv should learn from F1 on camera position and how to properly broadcast motor race, and they need someone in the booth who can sell it with enthusiasm.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting starter..

Because IMO the only thing worse then the announcing is the directing...

Yesterday's broadcast was horrendous IMO... Borderline unwatchable

Indycar is the only racing I follow passionately. . It's all I have time for..

I haven't watched f1 in years.... But caught the first 30 min yesterday because of the start time...... I was blown away... The broadcast the announcers the cars the speed ... No comparison and Indycar is no where near
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Interesting starter..

Because IMO the only thing worse then the announcing is the directing...

Indycar is the only racing I follow passionately. . It's all I have time for..

I haven't watched f1 in years.... But caught the first 30 min yesterday because of the start time...... I was blown away... The broadcast the announcers the cars the speed ... No comparison and Indycar is no where near

Didn't see the race, but thinking back to the Detroit coverage, I think this is a very valid point. Compared to Monaco, there was just no impression of speed at all. If V8 Supercars can convey speed and excitement at their street races, it must be possible for Indycar? Is it purely a question of resources?
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Interesting starter..

This, in my opinion, is a bit too far overboard...and I think that people who are THAT overly critical with the broadcast should really focus more on the racing, and look for their own battles to watch on track.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I Dont think it's overboard at all..

Can you name me another sport that has worse coverage?

I'd like to take a peek...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can absolutely compare it to F1... And if that is the standard not only should I be... But so should Randy on down