....or not.I don't know if I like this.

Notes: Push to pass to return for five races
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Don't like it at all.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This should add another dimension to the DW12. Hopefully, a little more overtaking will happen. By the way, anybody know when IndyCar will introduce a standing start? I thought Toronto was a possibility according to some reports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds good to me, but is it enough power? If so, who will hit it first, and then brake last? If it's used well, then it will be a great tool. I loved how it was used in Champcar.
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Like it for road and street courses. Hate it for Oval races.

They do need to bring in Standing starts on all races. It would accomplish to things. First off it is much more exciting and 2nd it would solve the ridiculous problem with the sloppy starts we have now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop

They do need to bring in Standing starts on all races. It would accomplish to things. First off it is much more exciting and 2nd it would solve the ridiculous problem with the sloppy starts we have now.
    I like the idea and agree it would be more exciting, but I am surprised at how much better the rolling starts have been this year. Not nearly as sloppy as in the past. Not sure I agree with standing starts on ovals though.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So if I understand this article correctly, they are going to reduce the boost pressure from 160 kPa to 150 kPa and when PTP is engaged, that will take the boost level back to 160 kPa. On other words, they are taking away 50 HP full time to allow 50 HP to be available for PTP. This is unbelievably stupid. The racing is already good, with regards to passing, so why do we need this gimmick at all? To take away 50 HP from an engine that many think needs more power for an unneeded gimmick like PTP is a head scratcher.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

standing starts...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop

I agree about the standing starts on all races idea, but even with standing starts-if someone stalled the car, it can cause some carnage and bent bodywork.
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravettFan99
    I agree about the standing starts on all races idea, but even with standing starts-if someone stalled the car, it can cause some carnage and bent bodywork.
    Hopefully, nobody would stall as the cars have anti-stall. Although, that's probably why we haven't seen a standing start yet, as the anti-stall technology hasn't really worked so far this season. I reckon we'll see a standing start as soon as IndyCar are confident the anti-stall will work correctly.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GRW1983
    Hopefully, nobody would stall as the cars have anti-stall. Although, that's probably why we haven't seen a standing start yet, as the anti-stall technology hasn't really worked so far this season. I reckon we'll see a standing start as soon as IndyCar are confident the anti-stall will work correctly.
    Early in the season there were some issues but as of late I haven't heard of anyone having problems with standing starts after a pit stop.