Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toby Moody

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Toby Moody

Time's running out for him I'm afraid. New commentator for Snetterton please. Tony needs to actually show an interest if he wants to continue doing this series...
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Time's running out for him I'm afraid. New commentator for Snetterton please. Tony needs to actually show an interest if he wants to continue doing this series...
    I absolutely agree, it is impossiblle to follow the commentary because he gets it wrong at every mouthful. Sack him and lets have Simon Hill and Richard John Neill for the rest of the season.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    At this point I'd like to leap to his defence and remind you that's it's a terrifically difficult job.... but dammit he's particularly awful.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    I absolutely agree, it is impossiblle to follow the commentary because he gets it wrong at every mouthful. Sack him and lets have Simon Hill and Richard John Neill for the rest of the season.
    I know Tim didn't want to go to Oulton Park, but why wasn't he present for Croft? Maybe the duo of Tim and Simon would be great. Or maybe we need to yank Ben away from F1 and drag him back to the commentator's box for the rest of the BTCC season!
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout:

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    At this point I'd like to leap to his defence and remind you that's it's a terrifically difficult job.... but dammit he's particularly awful.
    I feel a bit sorry for him, as I do for any commentator who comes into the role and simply can't do a good enough job. Jonathan Legard on the F1 was another example. It can't be nice. But how on earth Toby Moody came to be chosen, with his weird cadences that make him sound like someone doing a bad impersonation of a sports commentator, I have no idea.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravettFan99
    I know Tim didn't want to go to Oulton Park, but why wasn't he present for Croft? [/IMG]
    Clashing commitments with British GT - they only race something like eight times this year, but he's had two clashes in the last two races!

I don't normally wade in on commentators, but even I could see it was Bratt and not Austin in the second race long before Toby (and, to be fair, Simon). Still, he did apologise profusely to us viewers, which was appreciated. He had me convinced initially anyway...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Moody was really bad yesterday, and really pissed me off when he kept on saying it didnt matter after he had made a mistake! Sort it out!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I feel a bit sorry for him, as I do for any commentator who comes into the role and simply can't do a good enough job. Jonathan Legard on the F1 was another example. It can't be nice. But how on earth Toby Moody came to be chosen, with his weird cadences that make him sound like someone doing a bad impersonation of a sports commentator, I have no idea.
    Oh I totally agree. It's a phenomenally difficult job, and like any job those who are good at it make it look easy. Anybody who thinks otherwise should try it themselves: stick a race on the telly and commentate along out loud - I can pretty much guarantee you'll flounder after a few minutes.

ITV must take the blame for Moody's appointment, he's clearly not up to the task and should never have been employed for that role. I'm sure that (like Legard) he's a decent chap who is trying his heart out, and I'm sure he genuinely wants to do a better job. Hopefully he'll relax into the role and turn out ok, but I fear his days are numbered.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    But what I dont get is that he is so good at Moto GP and can pick any rider out of a 30 bike, Moto 3 field, yet cant get bugger all right in the BTCC!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    But what I dont get is that he is so good at Moto GP and can pick any rider out of a 30 bike, Moto 3 field, yet cant get bugger all right in the BTCC!
    Maybe he's simply not interested enough, not immersed enough, in it. This would explain much.