Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Massive speed all through his career but not enough control sadly. Such an exciting potential fading away at present.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn't say he "has to go" - he gives us something to talk about.....

Seriously, he is fast, always has been. I think if he manages to win one it might be the start of something big. I have to wonder if that confidence boost of getting the job done is what is needed to get him winning consistently....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Sorry guys, I am going to disagree with the contention he is like PT. He isn't like PT. PT was fast but he won, and often enough to make people overlook the crashes. PT crashes were through aggressiveness but often were ones where you could see why he tried to do what he did. Most of Sato's crashes come off as brain farts. Even some of the ones where you think you can sympathize show a bad lack of strategy. For example, had he pulled off the pass of Dario going into one at Indy this year, only a village idiot would think he could hold Dario off going into 3. Dario would have slotted in behind, took him going into 3 and would have likely won. Sato had zero patience. He cannot think the process through. PT never dumped himself or anyone else in that manner on a last lap going for a win. He has done a lot of dumb things in his day...but not that dumb...and Sato does this routinely....

I like him for entertainment value, and I hope he proves me wrong, but IF I am a team owner, I want deep pockets or someone writing big checks because this guy is going to shred some race cars...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    I wouldn't say he "has to go" - he gives us something to talk about.....

Seriously, he is fast, always has been. I think if he manages to win one it might be the start of something big. I have to wonder if that confidence boost of getting the job done is what is needed to get him winning consistently....
    To be fair, I don't think ALL the incidents this year have been his fault, but he's still DNFing far too often for a driver of his experience. I get the feeling that he knows he's fast (and he is), but gets easily frustrated when that speed fails to yield results, meaning he over-reacts to setbacks and overdrives as a result. I can understand the Indy lunge, as if you're going to risk it for a win, Indy is the place to do it, but I can recall other races (road and oval) where he's looked super quick only to do something stupid. I'd love to see him get a win, as it would be genuinely interesting to see whether it calmed him down.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    PT never dumped himself or anyone else in that manner on a last lap going for a win.
    [youtube]qzOakHJlgks[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Sorry guys, I am going to disagree with the contention he is like PT. He isn't like PT. PT was fast but he won, and often enough to make people overlook the crashes.
    PT had the privilege of being in the top teams.

Look at Will Power. In Champcar he was quick but often crashing/being involved in incidents and now he makes the most of being in a top team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Bobby Rahal putting is arm round Taku's shoulder and having a word? Bobby has always struck me as the type of person you would listen and learn from.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    [youtube]rEn6zJpXry8[/youtube]

"Hi, i'm Takuma "The Wallbanger" Sato. I've been a psychopath race driver for over 10 years. Whether I'm on the racetrack or crashing down the road, one thing I know for sure, is I smash my vehicle and whats left of it."
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tracy to Sato comparison is ridiculous.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    So far this year: 7 DNF's - including 4 crash outs !!!

Rahal Racing must get a decent driver in there, no matter what Honda wants, or they're never gonna get any points, and they'll run out of cars eventually !
    Dont blame Sato, its the useless American drivers who keep getting in the way.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    IIRC Sato is backed mainly by Honda money, and Ray's Wheels, also a Japanese company?
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Tracy to Sato comparison is ridiculous.
    Yep, Tracy had way more dumber crashes, he was super fast, he had no brains, I do wedge is right, the difference is Tracy had a top team backing him up, give Sato one of the best cars and he will give you PT like results, he will win many races, he will destroy a lot of cars, one thing is sure, PT was very entertaining, Sato is very entertaining.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus