Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Toyota should employ the best drivers possible. If that mean no Japanese drivers, so be it. Putting one Japanese driver in each car for ‘marketing reasons’ is already giving Audi a head start. How many Germans did Audi have this year? 2, Lotterer and Rockenfeller – plus Bernhard injured. They use the best drivers possible, no marketing reasons, just driving.
    Nakajima is fast, but erratic – yes, he’s driven in SuperGT, but that is different to multi-class Sportscar racing.
    Give Kaz a break. It's his first time racing LMPs.

SuperGT has two classes: GT500 and GT300 and its not that much difference to P1 and P2.

Allan McNish - damn quick but time and again he compromises himself when in traffic/turns the wick up. This year and last year in LM, countless times when up against the Porsche Spyders in ALMS.

FYI, Toyota did not put "one Japanese driver in each car for ‘marketing reasons’". Kaz was the only Japanese driver for Toyota.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Yes, I know, but they've have done that before, or even ran an all Japanese line up. Sarrazin replaced the other Japanese driver who felt he wasn't up to it. If they're good enough - fine. I do think Kazuki can be a fine driver, as he does have the pace, which is the first requirement when picking a driving line up. He has had a habit of incidents, maybe a season of Sportscar racing will make him more 'rounded'.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Toyota should employ the best drivers possible. If that mean no Japanese drivers, so be it. Putting one Japanese driver in each car for ‘marketing reasons’ is already giving Audi a head start. How many Germans did Audi have this year? 2, Lotterer and Rockenfeller – plus Bernhard injured. They use the best drivers possible, no marketing reasons, just driving.
    Nakajima is fast, but erratic – yes, he’s driven in SuperGT, but that is different to multi-class Sportscar racing.
    I've been somewhat impressed by Toyota, their TS030 seems advanced for a first year. Roaring Motor Sound - TOYOTA TS030 HYBRID in Paul Ricard - YouTube

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yes, I know, but they've have done that before, or even ran an all Japanese line up. Sarrazin replaced the other Japanese driver who felt he wasn't up to it. If they're good enough - fine. I do think Kazuki can be a fine driver, as he does have the pace, which is the first requirement when picking a driving line up. He has had a habit of incidents, maybe a season of Sportscar racing will make him more 'rounded'.
    I think they need to upgrade their drivers, that is for sure. MInd you, they did alright getting some of the Peugeot shoes, but I think Sebastien Bourdais could have been had very easily.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".