Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    BTW I have a bottle of amatriptyline sitting in front of me right now. You know what it says here in the "home of the brave" Amitrptyline sub for Elavil
    ssssssssssssssaaaaaanap for the win. Yes at the hospital they gave me E-L-A-V-I-L Yes I have always known the difference so please stop being so anal
    May the forza be with you

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    BTW I have a bottle of amatriptyline sitting in front of me right now. You know what it says here in the "home of the brave" Amitrptyline sub for Elavil
    ssssssssssssssaaaaaanap for the win. Yes at the hospital they gave me E-L-A-V-I-L Yes I have always known the difference so please stop being so anal
    Crossed wires again I suspect. I never said that you didn't get Elavil from your hospital. I said Elavil is now a generic drug. Sorry if you didn't understand my point that I repeated several times.... Third time lucky (or is it fourth?)

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    That charge cannot in any way reflect the hospital's costs. Does that make it fraud? Surely the insurance company could afford to take legal action.

The moral of the tale is to take out unlimited medical insurance if visiting the USA.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Crossed wires again I suspect. I never said that you didn't get Elavil from your hospital. I said Elavil is now a generic drug. Sorry if you didn't understand my point that I repeated several times.... Third time lucky (or is it fourth?)
    WTF are you trying to say. I have always known that Amatriptyline is generic for Elavil It was when my osteopath prescribed it to me for the first time. What I said was in the hospital they gave me the branded name so my bill would be higher. Then you started crossing wires in a very anally retentive kind of way You are really impressive with your tight a$$ matter of fact empiricism. Please take it away junior, because I'm done beating a dead horse!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    That charge cannot in any way reflect the hospital's costs. Does that make it fraud? Surely the insurance company could afford to take legal action.

The moral of the tale is to take out unlimited medical insurance if visiting the USA.
    Rollo when you say does it reflect the hospitals cost are you saying that they marked it up too much, because I know you don't mean to imply that they are not in business to make money! That is the way the song goes here. My sister was the CFO of a company that secured blood from people with rare blood disease, and you know what? One guy who had an extremely rare blood disease would put them through so much grief, because he knew that he could almost get whatever price he wanted. Plus he was such a dick that he would not show up for appointments. So you have a large company having to barter with private citizens and you know what? Everybody that worked there drew a salary representative of corporate equivalents. So you can see how the price for getting the finished product to the hospitals where the Hematologist’s that use it (Who also) make some damn good money as well, get the price up very rapidly. A law suit would be a joke. Who do you sue first?

@ maybec check post #15 I made it clear what i was saying, you just wanted to be an authority, about all my freakin meds. You kept on trying to get me to maker a distinction that I made inpost #15 yes that is 1-5 But feel free to be so full of yourself to the point of humiliation.
    It's cool with me

WTF are you trying to say. I have always known that Amatriptyline is generic for Elavil It was when my osteopath prescribed it to me for the first time. What I said was in the hospital they gave me the branded name so my bill would be higher. Then you started crossing wires in a very anally retentive kind of way You are really impressive with your tight a$$ matter of fact empiricism. Please take it away junior, because I'm done beating a dead horse!
    Perhaps it would help if you write your posts in a more lucid consistent way.

Now you're claiming that the hospital gave you a branded version of amitryptiline when previously you claimed that they gave you Elavil, or at least that is how your post comes across.

I suspect what you are trying to say is that you were given Elavil but the hospital charged for amitryptiline because that attracts a higher fee despite the drugs being one and the same.

It might come across to you that I'm anally retentive. I'm a doctor so I do have some history in prescribing drugs and just a little understanding of the difference between drugs as well as the ins and outs of the pharm industry. Your posts as originally written make little sense, are highly confusing and often contradict each other so please think about how you come across before you criticise me.

Have a nice day!

@ maybec check post #15 I made it clear what i was saying, you just wanted to be an authority, about all my freakin meds. You kept on trying to get me to maker a distinction that I made inpost #15 yes that is 1-5 But feel free to be so full of yourself to the point of humiliation.
    It's cool with me
    I did read post 15, in fact I quoted it.

Its difficult to understand as its barely coherent English.

In post 15 you said that Elavil was not a generic then in post 24 you directly contradict that statement. You did that several times in this thread.

Also I don't know where you were going with the cocaine stuff, I merely explained that I find it odd that your doctors were using cocaine when standard practice even at that time was to use bupivacaine, and that cocaine for medical use is surprisingly cheap given what it costs on the street.

I apologise to you. From the tone of post 12 I thought that you were pissed off about certain aspects of your treatment and I explained to you the medical rationale behind some of what you described, and why some drugs were cheaper than others when you wouldn't expect them to be. I guess you didn't really want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Perhaps it would help if you write your posts in a more lucid consistent way.

Now you're claiming that the hospital gave you a branded version of amitryptiline when previously you claimed that they gave you Elavil, or at least that is how your post comes across.
    I suspect what you are trying to say is that you were given Elavil but the hospital charged for amitryptiline because that attracts a higher fee despite the drugs being one and the same.

It might come across to you that I'm anally retentive. I'm a doctor so I do have some history in prescribing drugs and just a little understanding of the difference between drugs as well as the ins and outs of the pharm industry. Your posts as originally written make little sense, are highly confusing and often contradict each other so please think about how you come across before you criticise me.

Have a nice day!
    Tell you what Doc No. They gave me the branded Elavil and charged me for it.
    Amatriptyline is the generic as you know they use the name of the chemical compound on generics. God-all-freakin-mighty you are a hard case. You can't be that dense.

Tell you what Doc No. They gave me the branded Elavil and charged me for it.
    Amatriptyline is the generic as you know they use the name of the chemical compound on generics. God-all-freakin-mighty you are a hard case. You can't be that dense.
    I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word generic in this case.

Amitryptiline is the pharmaceutical name, Elavil the marketing name.

Generic doesn't refer to this at all. A generic drug is one made out of patent, ie once the patent expires, and can be made by companies other than the one holding the patent. Generic does not refer to the name of the drug.

And you call me dense?