Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    and PSA owns citroen and peugeot.... and the VAG group everything

You would expect the citroen team to compete with the 208 ? or the VW team to enter the Audi a3 ?

You guys are serious when saying such things ?
    He meant why doesn't the parent company of Hyundai and Kia use the Kia brand instead of the Hyundai brand, so Kia would be in the WRC like MINI are BMW. This isn't likely but still a honest suggestion was made, don't slag.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    When you first heard that VW will enter the WRC and announced the Polo you were surprised they did not enter an audi model ??

The rumour (and for the moment is JUST that) states hyundai will enter...not the hyundai group or a Korean manufacturer.

Lets stop that here...the discussion it self is stupid...

Now on topic, lets hope those rumours are true because over the years we heard many manufacturers entering the WRC "next year" i believe FIAT has around 378 "next year entries" so far....

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    If Hyundai should enter why do that with the I20 and not the Veloster that looks like a competition car!
    The measurements are not that far apart, so that can not be the reason.

Why did Toyota change from Celica to Corolla way back then ?

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    If Hyundai should enter why do that with the I20 and not the Veloster that looks like a competition car!
    The measurements are not that far apart, so that can not be the reason.

Why did Toyota change from Celica to Corolla way back then ?
    Brand image?

Better to make your shopping trolley / everyday driver / mum's car car look sexy and more appealing than to spice up and already spiced up car?

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    Brand image?

Better to make your shopping trolley / everyday driver / mum's car car look sexy and more appealing than to spice up and already spiced up car?

Except it doesn't really work - remember the last Accent WRC? And the road car Accents.....utter pants, awful cars.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Except it doesn't really work - remember the last Accent WRC? And the road car Accents.....utter pants, awful cars.
    I didn´t work because of bad work. Could be better now when lessons learned...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I actually dont mind the look of the early Accent road cars with the 'WRC edition' body kit.
    I actually had thought that if I had the money and time I would buy a Mitsubishi EVO half cut and fit it into the accent shell. Great little sleeper! Do some serious engine work, add anti-lag and sequential gear shift and you will confuse the hell out of some so called quick cars.

As for Hyundai's current venture, if it actually goes through, I say fantastic! Their previous WRC effort wasnt that bad, just massively under funded.
    Although, I do question their timing given the WRC's current promotion situation.

Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    I actually dont mind the look of the early Accent road cars with the 'WRC edition' body kit.
    I actually had thought that if I had the money and time I would buy a Mitsubishi EVO half cut and fit it into the accent shell. Great little sleeper! Do some serious engine work, add anti-lag and sequential gear shift and you will confuse the hell out of some so called quick cars.

As for Hyundai's current venture, if it actually goes through, I say fantastic! Their previous WRC effort wasnt that bad, just massively under funded.
    Although, I do question their timing given the WRC's current promotion situation.
    Now is the time to develop and come out strong when WRC is on target again. Let´s say hopefully maybe 2014? I would be delighted as well if Huyndai would join the WRC.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Now is the time to develop and come out strong when WRC is on target again. Let´s say hopefully maybe 2014? I would be delighted as well if Huyndai would join the WRC.
    Normally I would whole heartedly agree, but IMO the WRC is in the biggest shambles that I can remember. From the top nothing seems to be working properly. There seems to be a lot of finger pointing, blaming and waiting for someone else to take action.
    I fear that Hyundai may end up doing a Suzuki and develop a reasonable car, put a big plan in place, promise everything to the supporters and then come to realise that their investment isnt going to pay off. I dont know what Hyundai's financial situation is but I would take a stab at them being 'in a better situation than most manufacturers' rather than 'giggling happily with more cash than they know what to do with'. If they are not wise with it they may find themselves in trouble. If they think they can find sponsorship to run their program Id like to know where they get that idea given the whole Mini/Prodrive fiasco.

But as you say, finance aside, best to get on board while there is a good opening.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    I'd agree it's a better time to join than when Suzuki tried, but are things really set for now? I would guess with VW joining it's a fairly safe bet, though.