Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hyundai returns to rallying

Hey guys, I think Hyundai is now officially back in business

source : WRC Einstieg 2013: Hyundai kehrt in den Rallye-Sport zurück - AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT

here is the google translation

2013 WRC entry Hyundai returns to rallying

The Korean car maker Hyundai will return to rallying and as early as next year to fight for the World Rally Championship. The experienced auto motor und sport from business circles. Accordingly, Hyundai will start with a racing version of the small car i20 and thus follows the example of VW. The Wolfsburg also return back to the 2013 WRC series and start with a polo.

Hyundai i20 rally prototype already finished Known motorsport suppliers confirmed that Hyundai has ordered appropriate components for the motor sport. For Hyundai Auto Motor und Sport learned circles that a prototype of the racing version of the i20 is already largely completed. Located to the rally activities of the group at its European headquarters in Offenbach. As early as 2000 to 2003 Hyundai took part in the World Rally Championship, but with only moderate success. In addition, the company participation was finally too expensive, so the automaker withdrew from the race series. Now Hyundai sees the other hand, the opportunity to position its i20 just revised to more strongly against the Polo

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    It's needed that another manufacturer joins the WRC!hope it turns out better than when David Whitehead and his company MSD!prepared the cars last time round !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will be glad to welcome back Hyundai but I think the i20 will leave the same impression the Accent did with rally fans. Its not the most attractive car in the line-up.

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    This was posted in the News & Rumours thread a week ago. I'll wait for an official announcement from Hyundai before I believe it.
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i think it´s a nice looking car and hyundai now is a much better car manufacturer then it was when they were doing wrc with the accent. i think they could do very good.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    i think its the right timing for hyundai to enter a (serious) motorsport.
    they started to make both nice looking and quite good cars, lots of good test around the world.
    and i know from some insiders in carbuisness that they have better spec than mercedes on the parts they fits theire cars in produktion. they have serious plans to sell lots of cars in europe, maybe wrc is the right tool? it can only go up from now....
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was surprised the i20 was chosen. I was expecting the Kia Rio. Hyundai/Kia are indeed making good cars now indeed. Going on a bit of a media blitz to in NZ atm. It will be interesting to see if something more substantial than rumors emerge in the coming months.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    you expected Hyundai to enter a car from a different manufacturer ??

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    you expected Hyundai to enter a car from a different manufacturer ??
    Hyundai own 49.2% of Kia.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J.
    Hyundai own 49.2% of Kia.
    and PSA owns citroen and peugeot.... and the VAG group everything

You would expect the citroen team to compete with the 208 ? or the VW team to enter the Audi a3 ?

You guys are serious when saying such things ?