Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DBell you are 100% right. How did his car get through scrutinerring three times with out this being picked up. Someone at Indy Cars needs to speak with them guys. This is probably why they did not get disqualified from the race as Indy Car are as much at fault for not spotting it sooner.

Great drive for Wilson and its always good to see a team like Dale Coyne win a race, shame it has to be marred by people thinking they cheated.

First to cross the finnish line wins, and if someone hits the wall then its their own fault, how do you think Dan won last years 500? By not hitting the wall in turn 4.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Then Danny Sullivan should never have won the Indy 500. He Spun so he didn't deserve it.

An aboslutely PERFECT example of my point!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Spinning around is not the same as making contact with the wall.
    You keep digging a deeper hole! Yes, it is not the same, the two differ by about 1 centimeter

Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    With Rahal it's more like; If he would have won the race it would have been awesome but he didn't, so he didn't deserve it.
    But that is not what you have been saying at all, you said BECAUSE he hit the wall he did not deserve the win.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    The fact that it passed three times is mind boggling. I think it says a lot more about the quality of the tech inspection by IndyCar.
    Or it could have been added after Tech

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder if Rahal had cheated too and gotten more downforce he may never have gotten so loose and brushed the wall. If cheating leads to winning why play fair or follow the rules?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmart
    I wonder if Rahal had cheated too and gotten more downforce he may never have gotten so loose and brushed the wall. If cheating leads to winning why play fair or follow the rules?

Ask Smokey Yunnick or Roger Penske. Both have made their mark on racing by taking the rules right to the ragged edge.

Gary

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Ask Smokey Yunnick or Roger Penske. Both have made their mark on racing by taking the rules right to the ragged edge.

Gary
    There is a huge difference between going to the absolute edge and crossing over.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is a huge difference between going to the absolute edge and crossing over.
    Yes, it's called getting caught.

Gary

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Yes, it's called getting caught.

Gary
    Not at all.

Was the genius that was the Push-Rod M-B cheating or just pushing the rule book

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anybody catch the pre-race with Beekhuis going over all the pieces that weren't allowed? They were all pretty large or obvious so I can't see how this thing passed tech. Was it put back on after tech as someone else mentioned? Hire Beekhuis or get your stewards some glasses.

Not at all.

Was the genius that was the Push-Rod M-B cheating or just pushing the rule book
    It certainly wasn't cheating... but the traction control they were using during that same period was.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/