Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    I'm just a fan who will buy a ticket and for my money deserve better in my opinion.
    Then show your displeasure by not buying a ticket. Many others have done just that and that is why there has been so much change in IndyCar. They are trying to lure them back with what they consider a "better product"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide

de·serve
       [dih-zurv] Show IPA verb, de·served, de·serv·ing.

verb (used with object)
    to merit, be qualified for, or have a claim to (reward, assistance, punishment, etc.) because of actions, qualities, or situation: to deserve exile; to deserve charity; a theory that deserves consideration.

verb (used without object)
    to be worthy of, qualified for, or have a claim to reward, punishment, recompense, etc.: to reward him as he deserves; an idea deserving of study.

You keep using that word, what merits do you have to "deserve" more?, What qualifications do you have to "deserve" more?

If you tell me that you want more for your money, I will understand it completely, I don't think IndyCar is offering that much quality, not even close to the old day, but wanting more for your money, and thinking you "deserve" more just because you buy a ticket, I'm going to pay a lot for the F1 race in Austin and I don't think I will deserve anything at all.

You think the ticket, airplane tickets, and hotel costs are worth it, go for it, if you think it is not worth it, don't go, but this whole speech about deserving something just sounds weird.
    ..thank you google for clarifying that!!!
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it would be great idea for some to read my posts again instead picking same lines out repeatedly, than you would see that is not obout me as much as it is for the sport that I like to be what once was. Like I have posted before ,dude in Bristol knows what his fans like and is doing something about it, eather they deserve it or not,but I'm sure he knows that money they will pay to see it, they do deserve a change. Indycar will not lure fans back by building spec series again and that is a point of the conversation in the first place.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it would be great idea for some to read my posts again instead picking same lines out repeatedly, than you would see that is not obout me as much as it is for the sport that I like to be what once was. Like I have posted before ,dude in Bristol knows what his fans like and is doing something about it, eather they deserve it or not,but I'm sure he knows that money they will pay to see it, they do deserve a change. Indycar will not lure fans back by building spec series again and that is a point of the conversation in the first place.
    Some?, This is not the playground at an elementary school, and I'm certainly not picking on you, if you don't like my comments, you can reply to my posts and I will surely change my ways, and I will try to use a different language, I'm old enough not to waste time fighting just to fight.

You are preaching to the choir, I don't like IndyCar's quality, I would prefer something different, as a matter of fact, I would like something similar to what you want, but this is not about wanting to give fans what they deserve or not, this is not about wanting to give fans exactly what they want, this is way more complicated, this is about trying to give fans a product they will accept while trying not to destroy the series and not bankrupt most of the teams.

I'm not giving anyone a free pass, the owners pretty much destroyed AOWR , they have only themselves to blame, but I know that even f they finally want to fix this, the series is in such a dire situation, that they have to settle, fans don't have to settle, they can watch and attend other races, many watch and attend many different types of racing, I do.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide
    Some?, This is not the playground at an elementary school, and I'm certainly not picking on you, if you don't like my comments, you can reply to my posts and I will surely change my ways, and I will try to use a different language, I'm old enough not to waste time fighting just to fight.

You are preaching to the choir, I don't like IndyCar's quality, I would prefer something different, as a matter of fact, I would like something similar to what you want, but this is not about wanting to give fans what they deserve or not, this is not about wanting to give fans exactly what they want, this is way more complicated, this is about trying to give fans a product they will accept while trying not to destroy the series and not bankrupt most of the teams.

I'm not giving anyone a free pass, the owners pretty much destroyed AOWR , they have only themselves to blame, but I know that even f they finally want to fix this, the series is in such a dire situation, that they have to settle, fans don't have to settle, they can watch and attend other races, many watch and attend many different types of racing, I do.

.....it's all good ,we are all passionate and sometimes frustrated with a situation but deep down we all want what is best for the sport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A lot of weeping and gnashing of the teeth over costs in a rich man's sport but here's the bottom line on why we well have no aero-kits next year and probably for years to follow unless there are serious efforts to open up Indycar to chassis or aero competition.

At present, with the closed chassis innovation as it has been for years, actually the lives of many fans now, a Penske or Ganassi can spend the millions to tweak those few hundredths of a second out of the car that gives them dominance. Everybody else can show up with a chassis off the shelf and be in the game and maybe even win a race... but certainly not a championship. No one, including a Ganassi or Andretti, has to worry about getting caught out investing in an inferior aero package -- never-mind chassis -- from a financial or, more importantly, competitive stand point! Sara Fisher doesn't have to worry about her money and Roger Penske doesn't have to worry about losing. The vote was probably unanimous.

All comfy and cosy!

Get used to it.

We'd still be watching that old POS Dallara if it were up to the owners which is why they shouldn't have had a vote.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That old POS dallara would have sat on pole and competed for a win at INDY this year..

Just sayin
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    That old POS dallara would have sat on pole and competed for a win at INDY this year..

Just sayin
    A 1996 Reynard could have blown both of them out of the water.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles
    A 1996 Reynard could have blown both of them out of the water.

Agree...

2000 CART Fontana - Gil de Ferran's Closed Course Record - YouTube

...and I was there when it happened!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Not if they were running the same motor.
    I agree!