Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Stupid Government

I should say Stupid Ass Government
    In this thread you post stupid thing you see government do:

India: A town in India has suddenly been overrun by swarms of venomous spiders, leaving two people dead after being bitten.

Read more: 2 people dead after swarms of venomous spiders invade Indian town | Fox News
    They are THINKING about spraying with DDT -- Hello what part of deadly are you not getting.

America: Pitbulls and Rotwielers have killed over 140 people in the last few years let alone how many have been maimed and bitten. Hello maybe it is just time to
    ban the breeds. Come on honey lets go for a walk - I have the 357 strapped on. I spent a year on a project in Sacramento where we lived on min 10 acre parcels. The people I
    leased from had a situation where the neighbors two pit bulls got loose and attacked his wife and their two dogs. She was able to make it back home by fighting off the dogs. When her husband arrived home from work he promptly grabbed his gun and their were two less pit bulls around. Good for him. The police said no problem what so ever.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    In respect of the Indian case, don't overlook the religious overtones. In Buddhism andHinduism the philosophy of reincarnation extends to reincarnation as non-human animals. So, within that culture, the offending spiders could be someone's relatives. Hence the need for the government officials to think before taking action.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    America: Pitbulls and Rotwielers have killed over 140 people in the last few years let alone how many have been maimed and bitten. Hello maybe it is just time to
    ban the breeds.
    In NSW, Pitbulls are banned under the Companion Animals Act 1998*. The results of law is such that the rest of your little story wouldn't have even happened. Your're not pitching your case very well.

*http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/DLG/DLGHom...-_Brochure.pdf
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    In NSW, Pitbulls are banned under the Companion Animals Act 1998*. The results of law is such that the rest of your little story wouldn't have even happened. Your're not pitching your case very well.

*http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/DLG/DLGHom...-_Brochure.pdf
    I think you are missing his point Rollo. You are giving an example of government doing something to fix a potential problem. He is speaking of an instance where another government didn't.... thus "stupid government".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Roamy, you're stupid. I've been a caretaker for pitbulls and they're very gentle creatures. The idea of pitbulls being vicious dogs has been caused by "Mr. Vick's Dogfight Shows." The media just sensationalized the story and made pitbulls seem like the villain, when in actuality it had more to do with irresponsible breeders and owners.

Pitbulls have proven to be very good babysitters in American history. I really don't expect you to know this because I'm sure the extent of your knowledge when it comes to U.S. history is what you see on cable television. A pitbulls innate instinct is to protect its master and their kin with deep affection, and if necessary aggression against any harm.

I really hate being dragged into your mud-slinging fights, but this time I need to school you on some history and common (f)ucking sense. Get your facts straight and quit spouting your nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEEuTcc3XQ
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Roamy, you're stupid. I've been a caretaker for pitbulls and they're very gentle creatures. The idea of pitbulls being vicious dogs has been caused by "Mr. Vick's Dogfight Shows." The media just sensationalized the story and made pitbulls seem like the villain, when in actuality it had more to do with irresponsible breeders and owners.

Pitbulls have proven to be very good babysitters in American history. I really don't expect you to know this because I'm sure the extent of your knowledge when it comes to U.S. history is what you see on cable television. A pitbulls innate instinct is to protect its master and their kin with deep affection, and if necessary aggression against any harm.

I really hate being dragged into your mud-slinging fights, but this time I need to school you on some history and common (f)ucking sense. Get your facts straight and quit spouting your nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEEuTcc3XQ
    ssssssssssssssnap for the win!!!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Starter, your point is not convincing. Dogs are animals driven by instincts. Aggression is one of those instincts. Owner never fully control their pet's instincts. Something just triggers the reaction and animals go wild. Even a small dog can get aggressive for no reason, but in this case you can at least mitigate consequences. If a killing machine like a pitbull attacks a human being, the consequences are devastating and damage is beyond repair.
    Llibertat

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Pitbulls are capable of making much more physical damage than, say, the Maltese, aren't they?
    Llibertat

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    So are Labradors, Setters, Great Danes, etc. Aren't we going to ban those breeds too?
    ...... ailor: and also the Canari Island Mastiff

Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    In respect of the Indian case, don't overlook the religious overtones. In Buddhism andHinduism the philosophy of reincarnation extends to reincarnation as non-human animals. So, within that culture, the offending spiders could be someone's relatives. Hence the need for the government officials to think before taking action.
    That is an extremely valid point D-'. I am continually amazed at how we like to project western culture on peoples that are of a completely different persuasion. Check out this video. I think that after watching it I'm of the belief that Hinduism is the least false religion (although I believe all religion is false, some are just more false than others)
    ancient hindu cosmology - YouTube