Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Getting into the MotorSport Industry

I'm 17 Years Old and CRAZY about car racing... (Mainly Rallying).
    I'm living in West London (Northolt) and there's nothing here to do with car racing apart from people belting down the streets with their mk2 golfs.
    I don't get money due to family not exactly being "rich" and so doing anything with cars is quite hard for me.
    Getting a job is easier said than done for me for some reason considering I've got good grades and I'm a great peoples person.

Getting back to the point though, is there any advice on how to get into the MotorSport industry considering money is a big issue for me?
    I'm currently on a Level 1 Course in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair at Uxbridge College but want to know more about tuning cars for race/rally
    spec and getting behind the wheel myself.

Any Ideas? I would be overly grateful.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Sorry, motorsport is full.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Get an evening job - don't be over-ambitious, consider anything - shelf stacking even. Get a tin, mark it "Racing fund", put your earnings in it.

Go to a couple of race meetings and talk to the teams and ask if they have any vacancies.

If any of the teams are based near you volunteer to help out with the preparation: You'll learn something, you'll meet racing people, you'll hear of any vacancies going
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The main thing is that you are going to have to be prepared to work long hours including into the night and weekends doing menial tasks for NO pay. After you do that for a good while you may get somewhere.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums