I don't personally have anything against the Android OS. From what I've seen, it's very similar to the Apple iOS. But at some of the facilities that I visit, Android devices are barred from their networks. There are apparently continuing issues with malware in some Android apps and some organizations (and individuals) are leery of it when there might be issues of data leakage or mining. I think Google could do a better job of vetting and reviewing apps to make sure that the developers aren't just giving away an app that has a true intention to compromise the security of the device.

Speaking of apps and racing, have you ever seen or used the Softpauer F1 app? It's available on the Apple OS, Android and even Blackberry. What did you think of that? It's not cheap, but I loaded it on my girl's iPad last year and it was pretty amazing - well worth the cost IMO. Something along these lines is what I think the series needs to do. If Verizon can't/won't do it, at the end of the day, the success of the series is up to the series. It wouldn't have to be as intense as the Softpauer F1 app. But they could go in this general direction and REALLY improve the at-home viewer's experience. Of the major racing series (F1, NASCAR, ALMS, NHRA), Indy Car and its teams seem to have the weakest mobile offerings. In fact, even the ICS website is still pretty sad. They could do better. And in this day and time, having these offerings is a basic necessity. In 1999, you could get away with having a weakish online presence. But not now.