Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    i'm with henners88 on this one. eurovision is a silly 'contest' and quite a freak show.

btw gadjo... don't you think spain's generosity had something to do with the 'strong' romanian community living in spain :

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    One amusing comment was that Azerbaijan see's the Song Contest to be as big as the football World Cup and the Olympic Games!!!! What??!!
    not surprising at all considering how well they are doing in both competitions.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    One amusing comment was that Azerbaijan see's the Song Contest to be as big as the football World Cup and the Olympic Games!!!! What??!!
    Big deal....As if all the people are interested in sports.....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

bet you would have loved it if she would be clinging on your push pedal bike!
    That'd be like a win win - when we get to our destiantion I'd also have a place to park the bike.....!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    i'm with henners88 on this one. eurovision is a silly 'contest' and quite a freak show.:
    So it's Champions League or a F1 race for those who are not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben

btw gadjo... don't you think spain's generosity had something to do with the 'strong' romanian community living in spain :
    I don't think so, I'm sure.
    Unfortunately the new rules imply also a jury. Otherwise we could have secured 36 points right from the start.

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Poll please!

Here's the start line for tonight:

1. Montenegro: Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro

2. Iceland: Greta Salóme & Jónsi - Never Forget

3. Greece: Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac

4. Lithuania: Anmary - Beautiful Song

5. Albania: Rona Nishliu - Suus

6. România: Mandinga - Zaleilah

7. Switzerland: Sinplus - Unbreakable

8.Belgium: Iris - Would You

9. Finland: Pernilla - När Jag Blundar

10. Israel: Izabo - Time

11. San Marino: Valentina Monetta - The Social Network Song (Oh Oh - Uh - Oh Oh)

12. Cyprus: Ivi Adamou - La La Love

13. Denmark: Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better

14. Russia: Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody

15. Hungary: Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts

16. Austria: Track****taz - Woki Mit Deim Popo

17. Moldova: Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar

18. Irleland: Jedward - Waterline

And very good news for us: Spain and Italy are allowed to vote tonight.

I don't want to take away your enjoyment of Eurovision with my comments because at the end of the day its all personal preference. Its just when I watch it, its to laugh at the strange songs while I have a beer rather than to enjoy what others feel to be good music. I don't want to appear elitist either, I just think in the UK we have a really good music industry and Eurovision is just another programme on the schedule that doesn't even pull in the majority of viewers. I don't know what country you are from but I hope it wins and maybe if I'm in front of the TV when its on I will vote on your behalf..
    But none of us take it seriously....
    We make this fuss just for fun. I'm not so delusional to think we've ever win and honestly I don't want our team to win ( due to lack of money even our participation was uncertain till last minute, so how can we organize such an event? ). But I like the voting part of the event, it's fun and finally it's just another competition.
    On the other hand the performance is really lame ( see the russian babushkii - death was probably in search for them at their homes- they even didn't realize they made it to the final, see the irish twins who took a shower live, the outfits of some competitors make you think they escaped a madhouse, etc. ) but at the same time I'm also bored with the videos of those from "good music industry " full of same cliches.

Anyway if you have a spare euro you may vote for Mandinga. If you have two, vote also for Moldova.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEwJrFmMxrg

Our performance was a total fiasco. Elena accused problems with her earpieces ( sabotage ? :laugh and said she couldn't hear anything- she even showed it. But her voice sucks anyway...I dare say she sang like our dear fellow forumer ( sorry, Donkey ). Still we could admire her leather panties.
    The other members who otherwise are excellent instrumentalists were forced to do a playback and perform a shameful coregraphy ( a famous international coregrapher was hired especially for this - a waste of money).

However both our entries are in the final and our emotions were shattered from the start ( they were the first to be announced ).

I wouldn't be surprised if the russian grannies win. Baking cookies on stage is something that draw attention.

It seems the police also investigate the citizens who vote for Armenia. So you get interogated for voting in a song competition if the government don't agree with your vote?
    Now this is really weird because this year Armenia is not a part of the competition.