Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile The wristwatch thread

I have a small collection of watches. My favorite one is a Citizen Eco-Drive that my mother gave me as a gift, but I also enjoy wearing my cheap Casio F-91W. I love wristwatches, and I would like to know if there's anybody else here in this forum who enjoys this hobby, too .
    "He's the master of going faster..." (George Harrison)

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I've got a few, mostly cheapy things. I'm currently wearing a Roamer Incabloc, which used to belong to my grandfather, but my favourite is the Tissot PRC 200 that my dad got me for my 21st birthday. Other than that I've got a Casio F91 in silver (tacky as hell, but I like it), 3 different Swatches, a basic Gul (surfing brand) and one with a picture of Chairman Mao where he waves his hand.

If I won the lottery then I'd immediately blow some of it on an Omega Speedmaster or Tag Heuer Carrera.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would love to have a Omega Speedmaster or a Tag Heuer Carrera, too. A Rolex Daytona is also a very cool watch .

I'll buy a Orient Poseidon as soon as I can. I've heard that this watch is very rare outside Brazil. Luckily, I live in São Paulo, so I think it will not be hard to find one.

Believe me or not, black Casio F-91W's are very rare here in my country (the silver ones are pretty easy to find). It was very hard to find one for me. I guess Casio stopped selling it in Brazil some years ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The watch I use for special occasions is my Citizen Eco-Drive. It has a big sentimental value.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I'm a Citizen Titanium donkey... got two of them, an older Chronograph and a more recent Saphire. I use whichever I find first when I get up, neither has a big sentimental value.
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine is a Super Titanium, too! It's a CA0210-51E. Beautiful watch! These watches are very expensive here in Brazil, they cost more than R$ 1000,00 (which means they cost more than US$ 500,00 in Brazil).

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

Mine are similar, black dial multi-functions (caliber 6870 and 0580 as far as I can make out). I'm buggered if I can find a meaningful model anywhere on the back though, or at least one that fits to the pics google produces for it
    They cost me around 200€-300€ I think...
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I paid something like US$ 40 in my cellphone, but my watch is worth more than US$ 750 here in Brazil. Other people would do the opposite. I guess I'm a very weird guy .

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like the watches you see on the advertising with the F1, exept the price, you could buy a cheap car for that money!!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I have a 12-year old Seiko which is the forerunner to this: http://www.roachman.com/seiko/quartz/SJW041P.jpg
    12 years and it still matches with the pips every time daylight saving/wasting time comes about.

I've not doubt that it wobbles throughout the day, but the heat cycles it gets put through are quite regular and by now the crystal must have aged which has increased accuracy and reliability.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!