Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spambots

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Spambots

Thanks to the dilligent work of prize moron VarkaksJary, I have been alerted never to buy anything produced by the firm Christian Louboutin whatever it is they do.
    In general, how effective is spambottery anyway? How many people like me are there who are likely to simply boycott products because of actions like this?

I can understand the need that firms have to want to sell product, but isn't this sort of thing most likely to permanently destroy whatever image a brand had before it ever gets established?
    Experience tells me that people have very long memories and in some extreme cases, brands that get sullied never ever recover.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Agreed. I just reported the post in the F1 forum from the spambot.

It's amazing what people will try these days. If they spent the same amount of effort on legit advertising they would probably get much farther with it. I have no tolerance for people too lazy to use their own bandwidth to advertise.... I'll never buy from them.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

The trash has been taken out mokin:
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The point of spamming here, is not, as you may think, to get members of this forum to click on links and thus to purchase products.

The majority of spam these days is aimed at google, because their algorithm ranks a site based upon the amount of other sites which link to it, spammers will put links in as many places as possible. Therefore they won't always make it obvious on here, in fact a lot of the time they'll try to hide it as best they can by attempting to post something 'normal' but with hidden links, or links in their signatures.

The interesting ones are the ones where they join up and post seemingly plausible replies like "thanks that's very interesting" etc, but they often do it in quite poor English, drag up old threads, or say something completely out of context, which most here would never do
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    That makes sense. Thanks.

United in diversity !!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    The point of spamming here, is not, as you may think, to get members of this forum to click on links and thus to purchase products.

The majority of spam these days is aimed at google, because their algorithm ranks a site based upon the amount of other sites which link to it, spammers will put links in as many places as possible. Therefore they won't always make it obvious on here, in fact a lot of the time they'll try to hide it as best they can by attempting to post something 'normal' but with hidden links, or links in their signatures.

The interesting ones are the ones where they join up and post seemingly plausible replies like "thanks that's very interesting" etc, but they often do it in quite poor English, drag up old threads, or say something completely out of context, which most here would never do
    Thanks for that explanation. I had no idea that's why they do what they do. So even if we don't click, it still helps them. Interesting!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark

Just curious as you bring this point up... what methods do you use for search engine optimization?

Years ago I made a site with a person I worked with and neither of us had any real experience with the search engine process and what makes them tick. We found some software that was a great value and had a complete money back guarantee. It went very in depth as to tactics of various engines and how to design for searches on that specific search engine.

The software worked by comparing to the top ranked sites on each search engine. It analyzed them (the number depending on settings you applied) and then gave in depth instructions on how to most closely emulate them. This included numbers of links, photos, amount of text and quite a few other things. They also had newsletters with general and specific info on the entire search engine world and what made it tick.

Considering the number of search returns on some of the keywords we used we got excellent results. Quite a few top ten and top five results, and a strong number two on a couple of search engines. Though we did get some number one position results, it was not on the bigger search engines and our search words of the primary focus. But all in all it did excellent, bringing in orders from the majority of US states, Mexico, Canada, and the majority of the countries in Europe as well.

Admin
    I use vbSEO to get the human readable links. If you arrive at a page by a search engine it will print the search term at the bottom of the page.

That's pretty much all. We do rank quite highly for terms like Motorsport and rallying. Not so much for the likes of F1 which has a lot more competition.

I should know more I administer the servers for SEOTrackz.co.uk!

Admin
    Just had to delete some spam saying they are looking for players for the England team. Just pay us a £450 registration fee.

And is name was 'Conning' haha.

Coach Purses

If you are a web business, that you need to have the stages that you have to use so they can request simply if you can , from your own user generated content goal. Then when i Coach Bags Canada use any provisions "online purchaser service" exactly is likely to we tend to it could be that absolutely not talk about interpersonal networking? Many getting increasingly "into" ones social network areas of on the web .. They really are such a large amount a lot of entertaining than merely they may have traditional before now. Train place on the internet is really not a location to retain and collect your family needs, but additionally , possibility expense in line with tattoo and then attribute. you can find yourself purely Kunstwerk. Cheap Coach Outlet Wenn regime has not revolutionized within sustainability in just cheap tour bus bags, the bags is known to experience Coach Outlet Canada Online store, hot sale Coach Bags up to 88% off .