Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Made a big splash in the media, but with only 715 paid tickets, it didn't buy any fans.
    Champ Car World Series

FTG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandfly
    Ethanol is a sham - just like the IRL. Does get the granola head medias attention though.
    I'm sorry that your stock in ExxonMobil is down.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    THANKS IndyCool

I wish every IRL fan were as passionate about the series as you. If they were, the IRL would be kicking NAPCARs butt.
    I saw several of those reports and the first thing I thought was, the switch to ethanol has paid good dividends right out of the gate.

As for the passion of IRL fans, many seem to be pretty passionate. But other than European soccer fans and maybe some American baseball and football fans (Yankees, Red Sox, Redskins, Cowboys, etc.) nothing compares to the passion of NASCAR fans. When you hear that a guy shoots his best friend over a race result, another dots his wife's eyes because she rooted for the "wrong driver" or a widow has the number 3 painted on the side of her dead husband's casket, these are fans who are on a different level.

There's a reason AT&T is suing to get in/stay in NASCAR.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    I generally do not agree with Sandfly on anything, but this time he is closer to the truth, than not.

Indy is coming and the bio fuel, girl drivers, BS will get attention, by the automotively asininely ignorant press, but once Indy is gone, so will all the press.

Things are different this year, but different does not mean better.

Bob

No argument from me on the long term future of ethanol (or Danica, for that matter). But as a wise man once said: no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith