Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Stoner to retire from MotoGP....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    What a blow for the sport, which is going to be have a major effect on the silly season and, consequently, on the pecking order and title fight of 2013. At first glance retiring at the age of 26 would seem rather early. But if you count in the danger of motorcycle racing (recall Simoncelli), recent dull races and the fact that a rider has already achieved everything possible (two titles on different bikes), decision doesn't look particularly surprising.

Anyway, the silly season is going to be very interesting now and I'm eagerly waiting for it. Who will take the second Honda factory seat? Marquez (if the rookie-rule doesn't apply any more?), Lorenzo, Crutchlow, Bautista, Rossi, Hayden, Dovizioso? Pedrosa may be quite relieved now by thinking that perhaps 2013 can finally be his year.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A complete shocker
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Sad to hear it as I could sit and watch him chcuk a bike around for hours, but if his heart isnt in it then you cant blame him really.

His thoughts on the future direction of Moto Gp are quite interesting.

Casey Stoner says MotoGP is going backwards as he announces retirement - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We'll miss Casey but he has being racing a bike for more than twenty years so the decision to retire and enjoy life with his family and is understandable. Good luck to him.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I knew he wasn't that happy about the direction of motoGP, but still, quite a shock. Quite a blow to motoGP. Perhaps he will follow in the footsteps of Wayne Gardner and head to the V8 Supercars.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    What will it take for Dorna to realise that MotoGP is going down the pan? They'll really be in trouble when Rossi quits - a load of Spanish riders ain't going to save a World series.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I knew he wasn't that happy about the direction of motoGP, but still, quite a shock. Quite a blow to motoGP. Perhaps he will follow in the footsteps of Wayne Gardner and head to the V8 Supercars.
    I think that he will...
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Selfishly, I'm shattered. Casey is the most talented I've seen. I could happily watch him ride around on his own, his skill is just jaw dropping and second to none. But as of next year we won't get to anymore.

For Casey I am happy and further in admiration. He could easily phone it in and be more than competitive but the extra dollars and records are not as important to him as his and his families happiness and wellbeing and for this I applaud him. He is already an all time great and this year will just further cement that fact. And with this weight off his shoulders, it may spell greater trouble for his rivals this season.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Major blow for MotoGP to lose a top, top rider.

Off a bike he's not going to please everyone but as a rider I could watch him all day and not get tired. You have to put him up there with the likes of Gilles Villenueve, Colin McRae - flair commitment, massive scrotum.