Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    This win could save the Williams team. very glad for the whole team.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Absolutely sensational stuff, the incredible 2012 carries on with a vengeance! Pastor Maldonado is a Formula One Grand Prix winner! Who would have thought that? Seriously, I didn't think Williams would ever have a realistic chance to win a race again. And a couple of years ago, when Pastor was still a GP2 midfielders, I would have never thought this man is ever going to be a race winner in the highest category, which is F1.

Congrats to Maldonado and Williams, you managed to maximize that historic opportunity! I was also thinking that perhaps it is a bit symbolic that the last Williams winner was Montoya. A driver similar to him has taken over the role of continuing the winning traditions of the legendary team.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Agree with Jens

This was a fantastic moment in F1 history.

Following the fortune of Williams ever since 97 when the Williams and Renault partnership ended, we had the Red Williams mechachrome or whatever it was, through the BMW years when once again Williams rose towards the front.

I enjoyed those days but ever since that last hurrah in 2004 from Montoya, it seemed as though Williams were sliding out of existence.

If you had asked me last year whether Williams could ever win a race again as one of the fastest cars and not via a Panis style carnage fest. I would have said no.

I also believed Williams may not exsist within a couple of years, whether they do carry on is more certain now (obviously not in its currant situation, as Frank Williams can't go on forever but it seems they are back in the frame.

Also if you had asked me will Maldonado ever win a race, I thought he would not be in F1 after a couple of seasons, but if he can do this in a decent car he may have a future in F1 after all.

I will eat all this humble pie gladly, as Williams belongs at the front and while they won't be (I say now) a championship contender, if this car carrys on like it has so far this season i.e regular points and now a win who is too say another win and some podiums might not be on the cards.

Lets hope so
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    The last time five different drivers won the first five races was in 1983 - Nelson Piquet, John Watson, Alain Prost, Patrick Tambay, Keke Rosberg.
    1975 was also a year in which the first five winners were different - Emerson Fittipaldi, Carlos Pace, Jose Scheckter, Jochen Mass, Niki Lauda.

This season is the first for five different constructors winning the first five races.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Also the last time we had a suprise like this without rain????

It was nearly Fisichella for Force India in Spa 09.

Coulthard in 1997 Australia. Mclaren hadn't won in 3 odd years and were largely a midfield team, but still were Mclaren

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Also the last time we had a suprise like this without rain????

It was nearly Fisichella for Force India in Spa 09.
    Rosberg for Mercedes?

Perhaps Vettel for Torro Rosso.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    The last time five different drivers won the first five races was in 1983 - Nelson Piquet, John Watson, Alain Prost, Patrick Tambay, Keke Rosberg.
    1975 was also a year in which the first five winners were different - Emerson Fittipaldi, Carlos Pace, Jose Scheckter, Jochen Mass, Niki Lauda.

This season is the first for five different constructors winning the first five races.
    Its amazing

So the first time five different teams have won the opening 5 rounds.

Dont think there has ever been 6 driver winners from the first 6 has there?

You could add Button for Brawn, as no one expected that team to exist let alone win a race.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Its amazing

So the first time five different teams have won the opening 5 rounds.

Dont think there has ever been 6 driver winners from the first 6 has there?
    Can't remember that. Can it happen now? : If 2012 has proven something, then anything is possible! Especially as next race is un-traditional Monaco, no-one has a clue, what is going to happen. I got tired of "traditional predictions" as they lead to nowhere and in my pickems I gave #1 spot to Force India. Sounds impossible? Well, who knows.

By the way, while comparing to past seasons, in 1982 Rosberg won the title only by mere 44 points. Maybe if we calculated current points to past system, we could get something similar in 2012. : In 1982 we also had 11 race winners and no-one achieved more than two wins.

In 1982 after five races the championship leader had 18 points (Prost), followed by Watson (17), Pironi (16), Rosberg (14).
    In 2012 the championship leader (Vettel) has 18 points after five races, followed by Alonso (17) and Button (15).

11 race winners in 2012? Why not? Hamilton, Räikkönen, Grosjean, Schumacher, a Sauber, an outsider (Force India/STR like in late 2009/2008 respectively) - take your pick.

Who knows Jens as you say.

I think Lewis has a chance for his first win or a sneaky Schumacher or Sauber win.