Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Carroll Shelby, RIP

Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RIP Shelby

a true legend to the auto and autoracing world. thanks for making some absolute kickass vehicles
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Cobra........GT-350........GT-500........

Iconic cars, every one of them.

Thank you Caroll Shelby for setting the mark for what tuner cars should be. Our glasses are held high to you for a job well done

Rest in peace, you will never be forgotten.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Even a partial list of his accomplishments in motorsport would have made him a legend. At Le Mans for example his win with Aston Martin and class wins with the Cobras, would have been sufficient without the 2 team wins for Ford in 66 and 67.A true American original for sure. Your exploits will live for ever. So long Caroll Shelby.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    A man with a really great history in the automotive world. From driver to car developer, in a class all his own.

Thanks to him I will for the rest of my life have a vivid memory of taking a ride in a 427 Shelby.

Someone I would have really enjoyed meeting, and I have to show respect for anyone that could take the challenge to Enzo Ferrari and beat him at his own game. I'd really love to see one of those Daytona Coupes in person some day.

Heel wedges

Gotta try out these babies, worth every dollar and will change your confidence Heel lifts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sad news. He was a great driver and a great car developer. A true legend. RIP, Carroll.
    "He's the master of going faster..." (George Harrison)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RIP Carroll Shelby

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    RIP

Kids, don't try this at home!

[youtube]r0scv2acm2c[/youtube]

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    a great driver who had heart problems and raced with nitro pills under his tongue................

and a great car builder,

and an even more greater wheeler-dealer.

Born 20 years later, and if more involved in F1, he would have given Bernie E strong competition.

My granddad did not like him much, as he could never understand why he sold that excellent chicken ranch after marrying into the family, and ran off to be a playboy-racer in europe.

But my granddad, loved the rest of the family. But when I had the chance to buy a beat-up old cobra 427 in the early 70's, he said no way.

rip
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: