Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up NASCAR COT a big joke.

So we have had the 1st COT race, and what a joke! The cars were a full second SLOWER per lap. The drivers, including the No.5 winner said it "sucks",and we have gone from having the best looking cars in motorsport to something that looks like a cheap Jap crap sports car.
    NASCAR could of done alot of the safety stuff on the inside of the car without this drastic new look.You don't have to change the look and all the driving characteristics of a race car just to put some extra side bars in and put the driver in the centre of the car.
    God only knows what will happen when we hit the Superspeedways, but it won't be good....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I actually liked it. I wish they'd go to them exclusively for the rest of the year.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The point of the car IS to slow them down. The cars will keep on increasing their speeds, making it more likely for them to get airborne. The CoT is meant to stop this for a time.

It looks more like a IROC car than anything, not some "Jap crap."

Just you wait and see, you're going to get better racing with it than you expect. I would bet that the races, once the teams get everything figured out, are better than the ones with the CoY. The reason why drivers hate it is that not all the tricks have been figured out yet...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't even notice they were racing, I've already got that accustomed to them. I thought they were fine and appeared to drive like Race cars.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bristol doesn't really tell much about how the car will race. Neither will Martinsville. The true test will be a downforce track and the superspeedway. IMO the safety features they added could have be done on the existing cars. The COT lacks a sleek design that most are attracted to. It's as boxy as the trucks and isn't flattering to the manufactuer's design to encourage "win on Sunday, buy on Monday". The "wing" just allows NASCAR to hand them out like restrictor plates and gain more control. IMO, Brian France is flirting with disaster on this.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ms0362
    Bristol doesn't really tell much about how the car will race. Neither will Martinsville. The true test will be a downforce track and the superspeedway. IMO the safety features they added could have be done on the existing cars. The COT lacks a sleek design that most are attracted to. It's as boxy as the trucks and isn't flattering to the manufactuer's design to encourage "win on Sunday, buy on Monday". The "wing" just allows NASCAR to hand them out like restrictor plates and gain more control. IMO, Brian France is flirting with disaster on this.
    I don't think you would've had the great increases in safety with the old car. They were going to continue to become sleeker and faster, thus reducing any increased safety for the driver.

Also, it's nowhere near as boxy as the trucks. I don't know what race you were watching.

And while Bristol and Martinsville won't tell us how the car will react on the aero-dependent tracks it does give the drivers a chance to get used to the feel. Driver are creatures of habit and when that habit is disrupted by this car that handles differently, they all respond in the simplest, most immature manner - "They suck." Give them some time to get used to the car, give the teams the time to learn what they need to do in order to get the car just right and everything will work out just fine.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_be_jack
    And while Bristol and Martinsville won't tell us how the car will react on the aero-dependent tracks it does give the drivers a chance to get used to the feel. Driver are creatures of habit and when that habit is disrupted by this car that handles differently, they all respond in the simplest, most immature manner - "They suck." Give them some time to get used to the car, give the teams the time to learn what they need to do in order to get the car just right and everything will work out just fine.

:thumbsup:
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR8
    we have gone from having the best looking cars in motorsport to something that looks like a cheap Jap crap sports car.
    I agree, I love the look of the car of yesterday, and regret it's eventualy passing. If we can just lose that cheap looking spoiler at the back, then the cars will look alittle like those cool racers from the late 80's early 90's.

The fact that the cars were lapping a whole second slower was I guess due to them being new to everyone, but the fact is they did look slow on TV.
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You don't need COT to improve safety. The Safer barriers and HANS have already made NASCAR much safer. Side impact issues could have been addressed with the original car.

Speed - we have restrictor plates for that. How long is it going to be before they have clawed back the speed anyway?

Cost - maybe long term, but short term definitely not. Also, as the tolerances are finer on the COT, how long is it before cars don't pass inspection? Biffle has already lost his car until later in the week, not great preparation for Martinsville.

Style - none.

They should have called it Car for a Blind Alley.

Ho hum.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

I liked the look of the COT & I thought the racing was VERY good !

Chalk me up as supporting the COT as I like it VERY much !
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D