Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Panther Racing Owner Fined

John Barnes, owner of Panther Racing has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until December 31st. The reason for this was for posting a comment about Indycar on Twitter. They said the rule it violated was..

Pursuant to Rule 9.3.1.8 of the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook: Using improper, profane or disparaging language or gestures in reference to Officials, Members or actions or situations connected in any way with INDYCAR, the IZOD IndyCar Series or any Event.

Here is the twitter comment he made...

"Today is the day to resolve TURBOGATE! I hope @indycar gets their act together. It has been embarrassing. "

I think he is right on and sometimes the truth hurts. Not sure whether they will appeal it yet or not.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Weak sauce.

The series has flubbed the turbo issue thus far and yet they want to be immune from (legitimate) criticism.

BTW, if CART had fined every "disparaging" comment by a team owner or participant back in the late 90's, it would have been so flush with cash that it would probably still be in business. $25K a pop? Just off the top of my head, I can think of at least a billion dollars in fines for Penske, Ganassi and Michael Andretti.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Weak sauce.

The series has flubbed the turbo issue thus far and yet they want to be immune from (legitimate) criticism.

BTW, if CART had fined every "disparaging" comment by a team owner or participant back in the late 90's, it would have been so flush with cash that it would probably still be in business.
    And where is CART today.

It is about time that Somebody in Indy finally put their foot down for the good of the Sport. I have been calling for this for years.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    It is about time that Somebody in Indy finally put their foot down for the good of the Sport. I have been calling for this for years.
    For people not to be allowed to say what they think?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And where is CART today.
    It became ChampCar in 2004 and merged with the IRL in 2008.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="anthonyvop"]And where is CART today.

live and well at a present grid including one of the founders.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    For people not to be allowed to say what they think?
    For what is equivalent to an employee? YEP!

Wanna Bitch? QUIT!

YEP! !
    An attitude that would not have been out of place in Soviet Russia. As I suspected, your much-vaunted belief in personal freedoms only goes up to a point.

Wanna Bitch? QUIT!
    Or offer suggestions in a constructive manner. Employees can have much to offer in that regard. It would be a very arrogant employer who thought that all who work underneath them were devoid of ideas — and a very bad one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    And a "constructive manner" is going public on Twitter? That'll get you fired in a skinny minute at any employer I know of.
    For a start, anthonyvop's definition of 'employee' in relation to this matter, which you seem to accept hook, line and sinker, is surely questionable. Secondly, I was making a general point. Still, if you and anthonyvop wish merely to go along with the bland status quo of the modern corporate world, so be it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    An attitude that would not have been out of place in Soviet Russia. As I suspected, your much-vaunted belief in personal freedoms only goes up to a point.

Or offer suggestions in a constructive manner. Employees can have much to offer in that regard. It would be a very arrogant employer who thought that all who work underneath them were devoid of ideas — and a very bad one, too.
    An employer has every right to react when an employee publicly criticizes its employer. The Employer has no obligation, moral or otherwise, to allow insubordination by its employees.
    Nobody is stopping an employee from criticizing their employer. Nobody!!!

To compare it to Soviet Russia(As you called it) is ignorant at best and is just another lame attempt to suggest that I don't respect rights when in fact it has been exposed of many threads on this message boards that it is I who believes in the rights of the individual over the rights of the state. Just as you have demonstrated that you favor the state over the individual.