Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    also mostly all the Bristol races did have 125-200 laps of green flag racing.
    Out of 500 lap races?? You really do like your "wreckin'".

Actually, I'd like to see them restore Bristol to the way it was during the 60's . . . . . without the high banking. I believe they actually had a race there one year that went the whole way under green. Early 70's I believe.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Lee Roy I sure don't like wreck fest but if your idea of an exciting race is wire to wire single file green flag racing it must be a dull existence.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Out of 500 lap races?? You really do like your "wreckin'".
    I do not like wrecking, whats too hard to understand, I'm not a fan of just about every racing series because of "wrecking", its because of the RACING, I'm just saying Bruton F-ed up and paid the price.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Lee Roy I sure don't like wreck fest but if your idea of an exciting race is wire to wire single file green flag racing it must be a dull existence.
    I'm a huge F1 fan. Rarely ever see a safety car there. Suggest you don't try watching F1, you wouldn't like it.

I enjoy seeing strategy played out, whether it be F1 or NASCAR. I have a long enough attnetion span.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    I'm a huge F1 fan. Rarely ever see a safety car there. Suggest you don't try watching F1, you wouldn't like it.

I enjoy seeing strategy played out, whether it be F1 or NASCAR. I have a long enough attnetion span.
    I actually prefer open wheel to NASCAR. Strategy is a huge appeal to F1, NASCAR doesn't market strategy as their appeal. They market wrecking and rubbing is racing, funny huh?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I actually prefer open wheel to NASCAR. Strategy is a huge appeal to F1, NASCAR doesn't market strategy as their appeal. They market wrecking and rubbing is racing, funny huh?
    NASCAR needs to rethink their maketing strategy. Eventually, kids grow out of that phase where they think Jerry Bruckheimer movies are cool.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think everyone is way off. The "wrecking" part of a Bristol race, at least as far as the night race goes, ended when "The Chase" started. Drivers that were on the bubble to make the chase were more conservative and drivers almost locked in or drivers locked out were less aggressive around these bubble drivers. The track had nothing to do with it.

My favorite Bristol race, which was considered by many "boring", was the 2005 night race. Kenseth led over 400 laps of the 500 lap race. I think the only time he was passed on the track was by Jeff Gordon earlier in the race. Most of the laps he didn't lead were on green flag pit stops. It was the first time I saw Matt win in a NASCAR series race in person.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    . . . . NASCAR doesn't market strategy as their appeal. They market wrecking and rubbing is racing, funny huh?
    I've never been very susceptible to marketing. I prefer to think for myself.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Pointless banter...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's not the wrecks per se, but rather the warlike atmosphere Bristol used to have. Furthermore, when crashes happened sometimes it didn't completely ruin a teams' race, they'd just go from potential winner to battling in the mid-pack.
    Formula Platypus 2012