Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Funny, I don't recall him throwing the toys out of the pram when he didn't have the best car or tyres on the grid. It is clearly just a successful driver giving his opinion on what he thinks formula one tyres should be. It was a level playing field the last two years and he didn't object then, so why now?

I think you are frankly still unhappy about all the years Schumacher was the best driver on the grid by a clear margin.

His comments don't display any level of hypocrisy like you are suggesting, nor does it have anything to do with his career. I think the only excuses we are seeing at the moment are from people who want to denigrate his past achievements.

Schumi was wearing his Elder Statesman hat on.

He's gone through numerous rule changes to improve the 'show'. Why else would he STFU on refuelling, it begs to wonder?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Michael was the best driver in his generation, maybe of all time and I will always rate him very highly. But I think that he is now past his prime and getting desperate because of his ill fortune. And about this argument that the racing is not pure, stop it. Pure is an ideal, never a reality. We have good, entertaining racing. I don't want the bad all days, when overtaking was impossible, nor would I want a rule which penalizes smart drivers, who care about their tires. And I am sure that you don't either - but the Internet encourages moaning about all things, from F1 racing trough movies and music.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^^^ What he says ^^^

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    IMO the purposely shorter lasting tyres make a much less predictable and more fun racing, I prefer to watch this season than 2010 for example. I'm surprised the shoe is saying this, his career is so long now that surely he will have had to adapt his driving style at some other point in his career to suit different tyres! He should be a veteran to this by now.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    IMO the purposely shorter lasting tyres make a much less predictable and more fun racing, I prefer to watch this season than 2010 for example. I'm surprised the shoe is saying this, his career is so long now that surely he will have had to adapt his driving style at some other point in his career to suit different tyres! He should be a veteran to this by now.
    According to JA, the tyres could last structurally the whole race, it is just the performance drop-off that has been designed into them.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Bottom line is that the teams are being supplied with the same tyres and it's up to them to make them work for their car.
    This point is blatantly obvious and I don't think it detracts from Schumacher's opinion.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Nico defends the new tyres now, says that they are great for F1!
    Formula 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Karen Millen is advising Pirelli now?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I'm still with Schumi on this. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. The drivers should be balls to the wall throughout the race and the fastest person with the fastest car over the course of a race should win. This is what true racing is about. Last year wasn't too bad, I felt they got it pretty spot on, but this year it's glaringly apparent that most of the drivers are nursing their cars throughout a race. While it's good for the show in all, it doesn't echo to me what F1 should be about and that is racing, not gently nursing your tyres. I don't blame Pirelli because this is what they were asked to do but overtakes because the guys tyres in front of you are shot and yours are in better shape don't give me excitement. I'd rather see a guy having to work for that overtake. It's up to F1 to find a solution that provides enjoyment for both the drivers and spectators. At the moment they have one but I'm will to suggest that if you ask any driver on the grid, they would much rather driver a 2004 spec F1 car with Bridgestones than todays ones.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I'm still with Schumi on this. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. The drivers should be balls to the wall throughout the race and the fastest person with the fastest car over the course of a race should win. This is what true racing is about.
    I am not sure that driving a rocketship like the F2004 is harder that fining the perfect balance between a quick lap and a lap which allows you to manage your tyre. I personally think that now F1 is very hard for the drivers and teams and this is good for motorsport as well as for the fans. You claim that last year was better, but with 12 wins for the Red Bull Racing it was boring for some people. Besides, Pirelli allows at least 5 racing teams, all of them with fine drivers, to compete for the win, not only the usual suspects Red Bull and McLaren.
    Formula 1