Thread: Indy seats

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Indy seats

So I'm trying to finalize my plans for Indy and I can finally get tickets but it's rather late. Last year I saw close to the line where they come out of the pits. I think it was SW vista but my mom says SE. ANyways, both are sold out now, so I"m trying to figure out what is the best that is left.

C stand
    E box
    Paddock Box
    Tower Terrace
    A box
    NE and NW vista

Thanks for the advice. Also if anyone has connections they want to hook me up with feel free to PM me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would go with E box.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Really depends on the kinds of action you want to see. If you want action in the pits then go for Tower Terrace. If you want track action go fo Northwest Vista, higher the better. E Box would work, again higher is better. Good luck!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm traveling out from Christchurch New Zealand for my first Indy 500 this year - 3 flights and 23 hours!!. My dad and I leave NZ on the 21st may and fly to Chicago (arrive 21st - we cross the international date line) and will pickup our RVs (6 of them). We will drive to Indy and pack up over the road from IMS. We have tickets in Box A (not sure how good these seats are) for the race, and also have tickets to Carb Day. Part of our package is a tour though the Ganassi and Andretti race shops, and a lap around IMS in a road car. also having Dinner with a few kiwis including namely Scott Dixons parents.

I've been to the Gold Coast CART race twice but to say I'm excited about the 500 is a massive understatement - its very rear to be able to tick one off your bucket. list!!

so if your likely to be around for the race - send me a DM and we'll try to catch up for a beer. we'll be partying up at the RV park after the race.

Mark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can hardly wait for qualifications myself! As an Indianapolis resident, please allow me to say: Welcome!

And as far as tickets go, don't sweat the availability. Worse comes to worse there are always tickets available from street vendors (scalpers) for cheap. It might be difficult to get adjoining seats for groups of 3 or more, but never have I paid more than $50.00 per ticket - I can't remember if that was the face value, but I've usually purchased them for below face value.

For some of you that are traveling from great distances, I'm sure that the cost of a ticket is a minor expense in the big picture.

Thanks for coming to Indy. It's not a great city - but it has a great race. And it's not a terrible city either - it's just has identity issues.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pole day - my pick for pole 225.5
    dump day - there will be no bumping

i leave New Zealand Monday my time (Bump day) and arrive at IMS Tuesday 22nd.
    if your around and you want to catch up with a bunch of crazy kiwis, drop me a PM
    we are staying in RVs over the road from IMS and the fridge will always be full
    there will be one hell of an after party at the RVs on Sunday night

if you want to get in touch, send my facebook a note on facebook.com/markped05 or twitter @markped05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My wife won us tickets to Indy this year. We'll be hanging out in Sam Schmidt's Tower Terrace Suite (#37) near the Pagoda. No idea if these seats are any good, but it will be nice to have an air conditioned suite to walk into to cool off. It sounds like it's gonna be a scorcher!

We also scored some silver badge passes to the pits, which I don't know much about but are pretty coveted. Sounds like VIP access to the pits. We're really excited!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sweet!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just found out I was wrong about our suite placement. It looks like we are the northern most suite so we will have unobstructed views of Turn 4 and the front straight. Apparently we can see turn 3 really well too. We're really far from pit road though but I'm excited for some turn 4 action. I think I will be able to get some good pictures.