Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    I think we are looking at a 29 car field at Indy with Lotus imploding right now.
    Not really sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, you have the tradition and drama of bump day, yet there's always been that element (for me anyway) of the 33 car field attracting people who, charitably, really shouldn't be let anywhere near the place. Seems odd that your highest (only?) profile event should be the one to attract the least qualified to race there, be it team or driver. Akin to one car teams turning up at Monaco or Spa. The flip side of that is obviously that it only adds to the romance of the event. Lotus have obvioulsy bitten off way, way more than they can chew, but at the same time, what would a 33 car field offer that a 29 car field wouldn't, other then four more people to lap? Like I said, not sure where I sit on the subject.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    agree with Hornet

the bump day drama is always cool, but I see possibly 4 teams coming in and be start and parks just like in Nascar, just to collect a quick paycheck. 29 cars more alittle more room on track and less slow traffic.

Wheres Milka Duno where you need her? :
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)