Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titi_62
    Now Consani is a member of the ukrainian federation because he is suspended in France.
    Indeed, one of the person who check the special stage and give informations to the driver before the start of the stage (I don't who to call that type of person in english, sorry) wasn't a member of the federation and it is forbiden.
    It's a bit stupid but it's like that, and this is why Consani didn't participate to the Tour de Corse.
    Thank you! Why was he suspended in France?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis
    Anyone know the reason why Robert Consani had an Ukranian flag?
    legionnaire

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Now Consani is a member of the ukrainian federation because he is suspended in France.
    Indeed, one of the person who check the special stage and give informations to the driver before the start of the stage (I don't who to call that type of person in english, sorry) wasn't a member of the federation and it is forbiden.
    It's a bit stupid but it's like that, and this is why Consani didn't participate to the Tour de Corse.
    Interesting... So in France rules allow safety/gravel crews (?) for competitors?
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In the French championship, competitors can have 2 persons ("les ouvreurs" in french) who run on the stage just before the race (like in WRC tarmac events) to change the pacenote (if there is a lot of mud on the road for example).
    In the case of Consani, he said that his father use the car of theses persons to go to the SS (as a simple spectator), there was a check and Consani was suspended because is father wasn't allowed to be an "ouvreur".

I don't know if it answers to Juha's question ?
    French Rally Addict ! Codriver and amateur photographer (Photos & Vids @ http://PassionRallye.fr.nf )
    Feel free to inform me if I make spelling mistakes, I have to improve my english level !

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    In the French championship, competitors can have 2 persons ("les ouvreurs" in french) who run on the stage just before the race (like in WRC tarmac events) to change the pacenote (if there is a lot of mud on the road for example).
    In the case of Consani, he said that his father use the car of theses persons to go to the SS (as a simple spectator), there was a check and Consani was suspended because is father wasn't allowed to be an "ouvreur".

I don't know if it answers to Juha's question ?
    It does, thanks.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    ... is father wasn't allowed to be an "ouvreur".
    Why is that?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    He may be allowed, but if he is not one of the two persons who were assigned to do it, he isn't I guess.

Its the same in WRC, in Spain we met some people who drove with the gravel crew car of van Merksteijn to watch the stages on the gravel day Friday (so no gravel crews allowed) and they were not allowed to get in a certain range of the start and finish of the stages.

Liked 74 Times in 39 Posts
    pics online @ Home -

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    So what does you IRC-followers think of Flodins performance? First race in New car, New series and on tarmac makes Me think he did ok.

Liked 845 Times in 391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sso
    So what does you IRC-followers think of Flodins performance? First race in New car, New series and on tarmac makes Me think he did ok.
    To be honest, I expected him to be slower, I'm glad to be proven wrong but maybe it's juist me