Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts

[IRC][ERC][BRC] Geko Ypres Rally 2012

Yes indeed a bit early, but already made a list of potential entries for the Belgian IRC event.

http://i44.tinypic.com/33zcwsw.png

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I would have thought Hanninen would be going there as he is also doing an ERC programme? I think Kopecky might stand a better chance on this event though and I am sure he could afford to miss one round of the Czech Championship... This could be the hardest rally for Skoda to win this year with no Freddy Loix in their team!

List is by far not perfect yet.. Tlustak need to be removed, forgot that.. So I can always need some good tips also, other foreign drivers who not driving a S2000 is also good.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I don't tend to follow the IRC but this year my brother is coming over to Europe from Canada and is desperate for some motorsport, so we've picked Ypres as the venue for a family gathering

I've not been before so any tips would be gratefully received, for example the website talks about tickets, do you need stage tickets like Rally GB or is it just a case of turning up on the day?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    If I remember it is possible without tickets if You don't use access roads to public areas but I had ticket last time. Anyway these public areas are mostly boring junctions. Strongly recommended to go to fast fast fast and even faster places . That's the best You can see in Ypres. There are tons of field roads so with little walk You can get almost everywhere. Than wait for helicopter to pass before start. It checks spectators on places without marshals and it will force You to be far from the road. When it's gone You can choose any place You want. But sometimes it returns after a while

I'm already looking forward to return this year
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

True they don't find enough people to cover all the access roads because there are so much. And indeed don't go to public zones, boring sections plus very crowded.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Must say I'm looking forward to Ypres. It could well be the rally with the strongest field of the year. It will be interesting to see how Snijers will go now that he is more used to the Mini.

P.S: Ypres also counts for the Dutch championship this year but it has no tags in the topic title [IRC] [ERC] [BRC]. Not a big deal but just wanted to say it.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Yes indeed but could addes then BHRC and EHRC too would be very long :P

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    which drivers for Netherlands are expected to go ?

I expect Kobus (Fiesta S2000), Van Loon and Ten Brinke (Fiesta WRC --> RRC ?). And who else ?

Normally I expect Kobus too, maybe Ten Brinke indeed, don't really think Van Loon and maybe van Eldik also. And offcourse for production/R4 Jasper vd Heuvel! I don't hope on Abbring and Weijs with their VW programs.

Bad news today is that it's announced that Total is quitting as a co-main sponsor..