Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire pressure

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well 1 bar =14 lbs per sq in .In motorsport a lot of competitors use filtered air ,or hydrogen,so the pressures are more stable as the temperature of the tyre increases,and they can rise quite a lot.I always run higher pressure on front wheel drive cars in the front tyres,so maybe 35/37 in front 30 in rear,on my Fiesta diesel.And 4 wheel drive Sorento is 35 all round,45 when towing caravan.and rear wheel drive Merc 30 front 34 rear.But its over 50 years since I was fitting over 20 tyres a day,and then radial tyres were only just coming onto the market ,so all tyres were cross ply,s

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Heat in tyres produces wear. You don't want hot tyres in a road car.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    ....In motorsport a lot of competitors use ...hydrogen...

You mean nitrogen?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

and under inflated tyres get very hot .The guy who said he inflates his tyres to just below the pressure on the side wall is not well informed as the pressure on the side wall is the very Maximum pressure the tyre is designed to run at,and not the recommended pressure for the vehicle the tyres are on.The pressure on most car tyre sidewalls willusually be about 65lbs per sq in

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke

You mean nitrogen?
    Correct I am tired again !

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Correct I am tired again !
    Too many tires?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I usually go up a couple of PSI as I personally like sidewalls stiffened but not too stiff that it dramatically affects the slip angle.

On my dad's workhorse he goes up a couple of PSI, too.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I generally go up a couple of PSI in the summer too, makes the steering a bit more responsive and improves mpg a tad.

Re- lowering tyre pressures, I 100% agree that in normal conditions its certainly not desirable for many reasons.... however there are occasional road conditions (Winter- very slippy, wet, slimy, salt covered roads only) where lowering the tyres by around 3-4 PSI can make the car less edgy/nervous, give much more feedback of the available grip due to there being more sidewall roll and larger tyre contact patch lets you put the power down a bit better and makes acceleration/cornering grip a bit more progressive when grip levels are limited even beyond wet conditions.
    Some of you may dissagree and that may be true of your car/tyres combo.. all I can say is that it certainly improved things with the old Pug GTI/Pirelli P700z ditch-finders.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

mississippi state free ecards

Xuanzang grown-up karen millen dresses practice westbound inside 1300 years back, damaged whipped cream the actual Mo Xuan Zang He or she extended until eventually Chanel Handbags Eighty-eight km on foot desert, camped, to see the reality for your quest for Xuanzang 12 months, beyond the encounter Sito Scarpe Hogan and attitude of do it yourself. Because alteration by appliance Kate Moss merely person inside Ningbo, Li Jian, together with his 10-year-old child, Shelter Han-yuan, Eighty eight km on foot in the four-day getaway, feel the lifestyle never got the sensation.

virginia tech shooting mike kelley

Xuanzang adult karen millen dresses habit westbound inside the 1300 in the past, the reply to the particular Mo Xuan Zang This individual extended until Chanel Handbags Eighty eight kilometers on foot wasteland, camped, to see the facts to the pursuit of Xuanzang 12 months, past the encounter Scarpe Hogan Outlet and also attitude associated with do it yourself. As the alteration by appliance Kate Moss simply participant inside Ningbo, Li Jian, with his 10-year-old son, Lee Han-yuan, Eighty-eight kilometres by walking in the four-day trip, feel the living by no means acquired the sensation.