Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DTM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DTM

I saw a promo for DTM on ITV4 yesterday. I thought DTM was on ESPN?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's probably just highlights packages and not live coverage.
    Michael \"Beef\" Park 1966 - 2005 RIP
    Richard Britton 1970 - 2005 RIP

Go n-eiri an bothar leo!

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I would imagine so, given that the opening round is in a couple of weeks time - when ITV4 will be busy with the BTCC from Thruxton. Besides, from what I've seen before, it may need some editing to make it as exciting as the crash-bang British series. Except the Norisring, which I could happily watch every second of.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Channel 4 used to show highlights on a middle of the night show called Chequered Flag (presented by Will Hoy). It used to be really good back then but I haven't paid attention for at least a decade. Will be interesting to see it anyway, hopefully at a half decent time, and it's always nice to see motorsport coming back to free-to-air channels.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Incidentally it's strange that, while searching for confirmation on this rumour, ITV.com seem to have completely missed this...I shouldn't have expected any more from them but for some reason I thought that the websie might not be as ****e as ITV1.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I remember Chequered Flag - used to have the TOCA supports before they decamped to ITV as well, I seem to recall. In the last few years DTM highlights (for those of us who haven't got stallactite television) have been limited to a five-minute (if we're lucky!) round-up on Motorsport Mundial on Channel 5, several weeks/months late. Put it this way: I don't think they've shown the 2011 finale yet...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Problem with ESPN is that they have too many rights - and they often clash. Not every DTM race is on live....ESPN should either put it on their website, or get another station, e;g ESPN2.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    I remember Chequered Flag - used to have the TOCA supports before they decamped to ITV as well, I seem to recall.
    Yeah they had all the support races, including the Production Cup which was briefly tagged onto the end of the main BTCC field. They also used to have assorted rallying highlights, it was a really great show for motorsport roundups and it's surprising that something like it doesn't still exist (bearing in mind that the actual production was relatively simple and used commentary/footage that had been used live on MotorsTV or whatever).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Yeah they had all the support races, including the Production Cup which was briefly tagged onto the end of the main BTCC field. They also used to have assorted rallying highlights, it was a really great show for motorsport roundups and it's surprising that something like it doesn't still exist (bearing in mind that the actual production was relatively simple and used commentary/footage that had been used live on MotorsTV or whatever).
    ITV's Motorsport UK is pretty similar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Incidentally it's strange that, while searching for confirmation on this rumour, ITV.com seem to have completely missed this...I shouldn't have expected any more from them but for some reason I thought that the websie might not be as ****e as ITV1.
    It's a bit early for anything like that - TV channels rarely promote anything more than a week in advance. DTM is still three weeks away.