Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I am happy for him.

He drove well today and got that all important first win. Alot of people questioned him over the years, but remember how Button waited a long time with no win and then improved dramatically.

As for Mercedes, they have the potential to maintain this level, the car has great Quali pace and has shown today the race pace can be there as well, so I think Mercedes are certainly in the championship hunt.

Shame about Michael today, beacause although he appeared slower at the start, he still could have finished on the podium, but it all bodes well for the team.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Alot of people questioned him over the years, but remember how Button waited a long time with no win and then improved dramatically.
    Interesting to note that both Rosberg and Button achieved their maiden GP win in their 7th F1 season.

Well, at least one thing has been made clear - Rosberg won't be a new Heidfeld by having a long career, but never winning.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Interesting to note that both Rosberg and Button achieved their maiden GP win in their 7th F1 season.

Well, at least one thing has been made clear - Rosberg won't be a new Heidfeld by having a long career, but never winning.
    And this is very nice, because a dedicated driver deserves a victory IMO. And I hope that more will follow
    Formula 1

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    In the past people said that you needed experience in F1 to win races, but then Hamilton shook everyone up by going straight into a front running car and winning, then Vettel winning so many races early on.

Then in the last 2 seasons we have seen more older drivers return due to limited testing.

Now its clear you don't need a young gun or an experienced driver as such, you just need a fast one.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    It's taken a while for Nico but this was a thoroughly deserved win built on an outstanding pole position.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Faster than MS sadly, but hopefully things will be back to normal come Bahrain.
    Nico ahead of MS in Q and Race is the normal. At least the statistics tells us so.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's great when a driver newly becomes a GP winner - congratulations to Nico, and Keke must be very proud.

I can count myself as one of the doubters of Rosberg, and today's race has gone a way towards silencing the doubts. But just a way: I don't think he would have won had it not been for the pitlane problems of Button and possibly even Schumacher.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I wouldn't say I doubted Rosberg more that he wasn't the radar all all. Quite anonymous; until today.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I'm surprised that it's taken this long. From watching him (and liking him) in GP2, I was expecting the first victory to have come some time ago. But some of that I blame on poor strategy calls by Williams and not having "the car" later on. He (somehow) put on a brilliant qualifying performance and then followed it with a great, solid race drive. Great job, kid!!!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well done Nico ,I have good memories of being on the pit wall when the teams were down in Valencia over 3 years ago,when it was rumoured that you were to enter F1 .Long hair and a roll neck jumper and a big heavy winter coat,you stood 2 foot from me,I have the photo,s,and so good to see you have your 1st pole and race win.Well done !