Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Lightbulb Congratulations to Rosberg and Mercedes - breakthrough win!

Congratulations! So finally it has been done! Rosberg has achieved his first ever win after how many races? 100+ for sure. First win for Mercedes GP after 57 years.

What can we expect from them in the future? For years Rosberg has been criticized for being an average driver, but hopefully with this win he has got the monkey off the back, proven a point, and can start utilizing his potential to the full by becoming a consistent front-runner.

Mercedes has had all kinds of issues after the buy-out of Brawn GP, but finally everything worked out brilliantly. Have they solved the tyre issues for all and Mercedes is going to be, incredibly, a front-runner and a title contender even for the rest of this year? Like McLaren-Mercedes suddenly started winning races in 2005 after a slow start to the season.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I didn't think he had it in him, but he was very good today. Faster than MS sadly, but hopefully things will be back to normal come Bahrain.

Mercedes, until they have the qualifying advantage till others copy them, will certainly be probably the biggest contender for wins.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Nico drove very well and prove doubters like me wrong! And I am very happy for him! Nothing better than to see a happy young man, who have fulfilled a dream
    Formula 1

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    http://s7.postimage.org/988jksrdn/RT...5_10_40_18.jpg
    Congrat's to Nico he really did surprise me.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well done! Congratulations!
    I am happy for them. No id they would really get their stuff together they might manage to get both cars on podium.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very happy for him, much deserved victory. The confidence gained from this race might propel him into a battle for the championship this year.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Just remembered that as recently as after Malaysian GP we had a thread, where people were questioning whether Rosberg is any good.

I think years of watching F1 shall have taught a lot to F1 fans. And that F1 racing drivers are professionals and it can be unfair to prematurely write them off without understanding the situation. A lot in F1 depends on conditions, set of circumstances, car characteristics. Even if a driver is struggling, in an alternative situation he can flourish. Now in China it happened. A car in which Rosberg felt comfortable in, a car in which he could push without fearing that tyres collapse. And the result came. Let's see, what will the future bring.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Remember of course this is the same team, if not ownership that won both championships in 2009.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Brawn won in 2009 because at the start of the season they had a car that had almost a year of development in it with Honda having given up on their 2008 contender very early in the season, so comparing Brawn 2009 to Mercedes 2012 is comparing apples to oranges.
    Nico always had it in him. Before this race he had already 33 lead laps at China alone and considering his record in junior formulae and good performances in mediocre cars most people knew that he wasn't exactly Slowpoke Rodriguez to begin with. The weather conditions, who were incredibly constant throughout the weekend were bang smack in the small range of temperatures at which Mercedes can make the tires work and Rosberg used that perfectly by not putting a wheel wrong once.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Remember of course this is the same team, if not ownership that won both championships in 2009.
    Also Renault was pretty much the same team in 2007 and 2008 that it was in 2005 and 2006, yet there was a massive difference in results and performance, wasn't it? Specially considering that Brawn was, in a certain manner, gifted both championship wins due to Honda developing its 2009 car during most of 2008.