Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Exclamation Sebastien Loeb vs.....

For past years Loeb has had only four opponents who in theory can beat him.

Mikko Hirvonen who's weapon was consistency. Meaning steadily gather best possible points from every rally and hope that something happens to Loeb. One time this strategy almost workeed. Speedwise Hirvonen could not match Loeb most of the rallies and on tarmac he had no chance. Now Mikko is second driver of the team so he is not a threat for Loeb, like he never really was.

Jari-Matti Latvala who no with Ogier's absence is the only one to challenge Loeb speedwise, but only on snow and gravel. The problem for Latvala is that he has to push over the maximum to par Loeb's pace that he often goes over it and retires. He may win in single rallyes but never the whole championship.

Sebastien Ogier who probably is the biggest threat in the future, especially when he gets more milage under his belt. But this year, cruising with S2000 Fabia, who remembers him?

Daniel Sordo who is a threat only on tarmac.

If stars and Gandalf and lady fortuna were favourable, one driver could in theory win the championship is Sordo would steal tarmac wins, Latvala few gravels, one retirement for Loeb etc....

I'm sorry, there's really no point in this thread, I just needed to get this out of my head. I'm not wishing bad things for Loeb as he is one of the greatest driver but it is one of the biggest reasons IMO that WRC is so unhealthy at the moment
    Another Flying Finn

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Damn you loeb !!!! Damn you i tell ya !!!!

LOLRZZZ.....

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Losing the best driver would not make the championship healthier. I can see Loeb continuing for one more year; Neuville is not ready to step into his shoes yet...

Don't be too sad though, I think the future is bright with Ogier, Neuville, Mikkelsen, maybe Tanak all coming up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys, don't forget the P.Solberg
    He's defininitely got some skills to beat the Loeb..

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    For past years Loeb has had only four opponents who in theory can beat him.

Mikko Hirvonen who's weapon was consistency. Meaning steadily gather best possible points from every rally and hope that something happens to Loeb. One time this strategy almost workeed. Speedwise Hirvonen could not match Loeb most of the rallies and on tarmac he had no chance. Now Mikko is second driver of the team so he is not a threat for Loeb, like he never really was.

Jari-Matti Latvala who no with Ogier's absence is the only one to challenge Loeb speedwise, but only on snow and gravel. The problem for Latvala is that he has to push over the maximum to par Loeb's pace that he often goes over it and retires. He may win in single rallyes but never the whole championship.

Sebastien Ogier who probably is the biggest threat in the future, especially when he gets more milage under his belt. But this year, cruising with S2000 Fabia, who remembers him?

Daniel Sordo who is a threat only on tarmac.

If stars and Gandalf and lady fortuna were favourable, one driver could in theory win the championship is Sordo would steal tarmac wins, Latvala few gravels, one retirement for Loeb etc....

I'm sorry, there's really no point in this thread, I just needed to get this out of my head. I'm not wishing bad things for Loeb as he is one of the greatest driver but it is one of the biggest reasons IMO that WRC is so unhealthy at the moment
    WRC started to be unhealthy when paying drivers took role of works guys.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    WRC started to be unhealthy when paying drivers took role of works guys.
    Also very true.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyo
    Hey guys, don't forget the P.Solberg
    He's defininitely got some skills to beat the Loeb..
    Petter used to have. Unfortunately not anymore.
    Another Flying Finn

He lost some confidence but with one win, everything can change.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was gutted when I heard about this. Looks like Solberg will be the only competitor now, only it seems he just cant win anymore(Although I'd very, very much love to be proven wrong) Mikko has never been a title contendor since he signed for Citroen at the end of last year and now Latvala is out of championship running altogethor....

Looks like Loeb and Citroen may aswel crack the champagne open and celebrate the championship again.

The question I'm thinking of is which event will he clinch the title? I reckon Loeb will clinch the title in France.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Petter is only 4 points behind and everybody says the title is over. How can that be?!