Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    If today there isn't any official communicate, it will be Sordo testing the car at Cumbria on the two following days. Today I believe he and Del Barrio are doing everything related to the official clothes, helmets, seats, etc.
    The support of Ford Spain was basic for the deal.
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Well, there'll be no more speculations. Some sources say that they're already testing today. Now, thanks Xsara Fan for your information, we can say Sordo is the first who has driven three WRC 1.6 (let's hope the fourth next year ).
    It's strange that Prodrive says that they asked M-Sport to give donations to various nominated charities instead taking any fee (The end is near!).
    S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Right you back on topic:
    Satans hora den djavla engesman Vill-icke-sson har forfarande inte ringt.....Vituuuun!!!!

As Per can affirm, I politely mentioned that I curiously have still not received the call to pack for Argentina..

More snooze at 0800
    Sure, very polite.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kielder
    The support of Ford Spain was basic for the deal.
    I knew there is something hidden, Malcolm can't be so generous even if his son doesnt spend his money anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kielder
    It's strange that Prodrive says that they asked M-Sport to give donations to various nominated charities instead taking any fee (The end is near!).
    It would be strange if they were random charities. Nominated means money laundering and nothing else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's just one thing to do, Young Østberg. Just trash the spaniard!

Please Dani, something different this time... :

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan
    From Prodrive facebook account

The Ford World Rally Team is confirming this morning that Dani Sordo will replace the injured Jari-Matti Latvala in the Fiesta WRC at the next round of the World Rally Championship in Argentina next week. Latvala was forced to withdraw after breaking his left collarbone in a cross-country ski-ing accident while training in northern Finland last week. We have given permission for Dani to compete in the Ford in order to help M-Sport out of this difficult situation and to give fans the chance to see Dani in action once more. It will of course give Dani more valuable competitive driving time as he prepares for his IRC round in Corsica next month in the Drive-Pro MINI S2000 and then the Prodrive WRC Team’s next event in New Zealand in June. Carlos del Barrio was originally due to co-drive Eliseo Salazar in Argentina in his debut in the MINI WRC; Marc Marti will now take his place (subject to FIA approval). Dani Sordo said: “I am really excited about going to Argentina. When you are a rally driver all you want to do is to compete, so I am really happy that Prodrive has given me the chance to drive the Ford. I was second the last time I competed in Argentina, but as I will be learning a new car, it will be difficult to repeat this.” Ford World Rally Team director Malcolm Wilson said: “We’re fortunate to have a driver of Dani’s calibre to join us. His experience at Rally Argentina was a key factor in the decision, having started the rally five times and finishing second in 2009. The agreement is for one rally only, and I would like to thank the management of Dani’s current team [Prodrive], who were extremely gracious in helping us in such challenging circumstances.” Dani and Carlos will join regular pairing Petter Solberg and Chris Patterson for the four-day Rally Argentina, which will be based in Carlos Paz on 26 - 29 April. As we did not wish to profit from Ford’s misfortune, Prodrive is not taking any fee for Dani and Carlos, but we have proposed that M Sport makes significant donations to various nominated charities.

Strange that Wilson refers to Prodrive as " Dani’s current team"? It should be just "Prodrive" or "Dani's team". And "significant" donation to "nominated" charities and Ford Spain's role? There's more to this situation than meets the eye.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    It will be interesting to see how it goes.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertS
    Some guys are learning very slowly. Or can not learn. It is not so unique in WRC, but very expensive to run them for nothing for many years

Check Latvala's 'tarmac-history', he is doing full-seasons from 2004(2005?)
    Just of curiosity how much have you spended??
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think there were a couple of gravel rallies in 2009, one of them was Australia, where Sordo showed a good step forward on gravel, setting competitive times to Loeb. At that point I expected to see him repeat it, but that failed to materialize. I'll not speculate much why, but I note that Ogier was also showing impressive speed at that time. Sordo later seemed to go a little bit backwards, and it didn't seem logical. Though it may also be simply mental, from seeing he was challanged from within the team. Whatever the reason, I believe there is more speed to come from Sordo, at least in the fast gravel rallies.