Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: RRC vs S2000 NA

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Impressed by how evenly matched the RRCs and the S2000 cars are in Korsika. Not a bad job by those who calculated the restrictor size for the RRCs !
    I kind of agree but I still think we need to see more. Basso on the coming events will be the perfect benchmark.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Can't wait for San Remo roads.

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I kind of agree but I still think we need to see more. Basso on the coming events will be the perfect benchmark.
    We need to see a gravel rally.

On tarmac we saw almost everything, and i said "almost" because we need a event with fast stages.
    Three gears are enough!

I guess Basso will do San Marino which should help, although I don't think he's as good on gravel as on asphalt.

Shouldn't the 1.6Ts be at an advantage on gravel due to better traction?

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    We need to see a gravel rally.

On tarmac we saw almost everything, and i said "almost" because we need a event with fast stages.
    A rally like Ypres should have helped very different tarmac stages then Corse or San Remo. Barum and such would be also good.

Looking at Eurosport simulcam, the Mini only seemed to have an advantage over the Skoda under braking. The Skoda was faster round and out of the corners. But this could be anything, tyre compound, driver, setup... But it's interesting because I thought it would be on twistier sections that the Mini should have the advantage.

IRC CORSICA SS5 SIMULCAM SORDO vs KOPECKY - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Looking at Eurosport simulcam, the Mini only seemed to have an advantage over the Skoda under braking. The Skoda was faster round and out of the corners. But this could be anything, tyre compound, driver, setup... But it's interesting because I thought it would be on twistier sections that the Mini should have the advantage.

IRC CORSICA SS5 SIMULCAM SORDO vs KOPECKY - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport
    Sordo is probably used to a bit more torque, so he brakes to late in the RRC. With less torque you´ll probably have to brake bit earlier and carry a bit more speed through the corners.

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Just a question, not an assertion, but will braking LATER give you more speed through or out of a turn?
    Otherwise, I agree that Sordo will / should not spend much time trying to adjust to a "not so new car."

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    I think he means that if you break earlier, then you begin accelerating earlier (before the apex) too, using the "middle throttle". If you have bigger torque you dont care about that (exit of the corner with big momentum) and brake late 'til the apex. Later braking doesnt mean longer.

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Interesting that in a fast corner (the left corner at the beggining) Sordo lost a lot to the Skoda. It was nothing to do with lack of power, and by the way he brakes, it won't seem a problem of handling.

The way the Mini brakes is powerfull. Driver or car? The mini brakes strong and late, but won't seem to lose to Skoda on the last left corner.
    Three gears are enough!